RIP Scott Hutchison (Frightened Rabbit)

Also perhaps as good a time to drop a reminder to anyone reading going through something similar to please search out someone or an organisation to talk to. Couple of great mental health support threads on the social boards here too

21 Likes

BBC report says he left this hotel at 1am but is now believed to be in Edinburgh so probably best not to jump to any conclusions

He was seen leaving the Dakota hotel (right next to the forth rail bridge)and is seen captured on their cctv leaving through reception, but no sightings since then. The bbc report isnā€™t exactly factual- in their defence, I think they are trying to stress that heā€™s from Glasgow but has gone missing in (or more correctly: near) Edinburgh.

1 Like

This is so sad and worrying, especially given the location. Really hope heā€™s just having a bit of time out somewhere safe.

As Cameron says upthread, if anybody is reading this and feeling similar thoughts, please do reach out to somebody. Things are rarely as bad as they seem and talking can sometimes make all the difference. From the Samaritans website-

Whatever youā€™re going through, call us free any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Weā€™re here round the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need a response immediately, itā€™s best to call us on the phone. This number is FREE to call. You donā€™t have to be suicidal to call us.

18 Likes

Fuck. Really hope heā€™s OK. Fucking hell.

This is horrible. Lovely bloke, honest band, who made it without compromise.

4 Likes

Just spotted a post on Instragram from Grant (Scottā€™s brother), looks like heā€™s left his phone - and I assume, other belongings - behind as the phone is now with the police.

Desperately hope heā€™s ok, and that he turns up safe.

devastating stuff. cant even imagine what his family and friends must be going through

If anyone needs a stranger to talk to, speak to CALM

17 Likes

Hey man. Prove us wrong xx

found Grantā€™s ā€˜Has anyone seen my brother/bandmate/best friend?ā€™ line really sad

Totally :frowning:

Urgh - feel relief and then dismay each time this thread is bumped. Going to bed on positive thoughts though - and echo all up-thread:

Please talk to someone if you feel shit.

Saw this this morning. Awful. Canā€™t shake the feeling of dread, hope he turns up safe and well.

1 Like

This is so desperately sad. Really hope heā€™s found and can get any help he needs.

Is there no way the Police can harness the massive outpouring of concern from fans into some kind of practical help? Like search parties or whatever? I would drive up from Manchester this weekend if that were the case.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing* there must be some sort of protocol for them to go through before they engage a mass search? Usually itā€™s 48hrs before they even report a person missing isnā€™t it? And they reported this one within 12, maybe to harness the outpouring of concern that you mentioned as soon as possible.

(*I really know nothing about this subject.)

you donā€™t need to wait even 24 hours in scotland if you want to report someone as missing, particularly if you have reason to be concerned for someoneā€™s wellbeing (for example if they have a history of mental health issues etc) itā€™s probably a good idea to do it ASAP

1 Like

Did not know this, cheers Fitz. Makes sense.

1 Like

I really hope they find him safe. Feel completely shit since I read this news and canā€™t stop thinking about it. I love FR and seen him play with Mastersystem only last week. I keep checking the news and twitter hoping for some good news, it must be awful for his friends and family. Poor fellas. :frowning: