RIP Sir Roger Moore

Grew up watching the Roger Moore Bond films. Absolutely loved ‘Live And Let Die’, ‘Spy Who Loved Me’ and ‘Moonraker’. Had great time for Roger Moore, played it his own way.

Shit, just remembered ‘Octopussy’! Fucking loved that as a kid. Definitely going to have to watch one of his Bonds tonight.

I have a Boeing 747 cap signed by him, he was a nice chap.

RIP Rog

Watched the final face-off between Bond and Scaramanga on Sunday. Coogan and Brydon’s repeated impressions of the characters in that last supper provided a new frisson to the scene. As will the fact that neither Moore nor Lee are on this planet any more.

2 Likes

Roger, Rooooogeeeerrrrr!
RIP

Ah what a shame, grew up watching loads of his stuff and he was a great tongue in cheek bond.
Loved the persuaders as well. Always struck me as an absolute top fellow.

glang

glangalangalangalangalangalang

3 Likes

Still at the at the Chiswick roundabout.

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that a lot of the Roger Moore era Bond films were filmed at the same studios as the Carry On films and that the actors from both used to hang around together between takes. Wonder if they shared ideas for double-entendres

that would make a great behind the scenes film/ short film.

I’m sure Roger would’ve given them one

8 Likes

This is a good story

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=793204930854561&id=100004951836071

1 Like

my sis sent me a link to that story earlier, absolutely lovely stuff :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Link doesn’t work for me, can someone C+P?

1 Like

Hmmmm, I can’t get at it anymore either

Just saw it somewhere else. Lovely stuff :slight_smile:

Here’s a new working link

15 Likes

weirdly Live & Let Die was just on the other day. caught the end. not really a James Bond person usually and have seen very few of the films, it looked incredibly silly but quite fun tbh.

“he always did have an inflated opinion of himself.”

My favourite Bond by far (an opinion that gets some people very irked for no reason), really the only one I actually like. Had a huge impact on me as a nipper, and a good innings.

2 Likes