Ritual sacrifice: headphones edition

So many broken headphones :frowning:

RIP Bose qc35 that I wore in the bath too often

RIP £350 shure in ear headphones I wore in a rainstorm

RIP second pair of £350 shure headphones where the cable broke

2 Likes

I’ve had to do this twice with Herschel backpacks. I’ve always been quite impressed and grateful that they’ve been so willing to replace a £60+ product free of charge without any questions. Felt awful cutting them into pieces, but I guess they’re protecting their brand.

1 Like

Cable/remote has gone on my sennheisers, cost £30 for a new one, but the headphones were only £70ish, dilemma

Those Cambridge Audio earphones we all bought broke so easily :frowning: They broke within a month, got sent a new pair and they broke almost straight away again. Felt bad because they were for charity so left it there. I think they must have known they were duds hence the promotion.

1 Like

Not what he was actually banned for tbf, but it was pretty slimy the way that whenever anyone was told to just speak to Cambridge Audio and they’d get a free replacement he tried to flog one of his half a dozen spares he’d bought at minimum price when the original sale was to raise money for charity, not fill his pockets.

1 Like

Fair point, I’ve previously worked for a company that would fix those kind of things but that was a sort of graded goods type of deal rather than the manufacturer themselves fixing them.

5 Likes

:smiley: absolutely bizarre

1 Like

this thread is making me feel sad about wastage

2 Likes

DiSpots

6 Likes

IT IS DONE

1%20Help%20meeee

40 Likes

My heart is breaking at it’s little face

3 Likes

you are history’s greatest monster

2 Likes

history will harshly judge those headphones who stood by and did nothing

16 Likes

First they came for the Marshall Earphones, and I did not speak out because I was not a Marshall Earphone…

7 Likes

Ah fair enough. Maybe he took himself off over it (and then got banned at a later point for something else).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand post of the year is decided

2 Likes

How did I miss this? Phenomenal work.

1 Like

Endnote - the summoning ritual worked! Should have new headphones when I get home (and they’re still in one piece!)

Satan is real

1 Like

wow this is weird

1 Like