rnb & neo soul. rolling šŸŽ¶

1 Like

This version of ungodly hour is so perfect

I had somehow missed this entire EP / record. Itā€™s so good!!! (completely unsurprising given the artists involved I guess). This track especially. Love how Kamasi Washingtonā€™s sax just drifts in at the end.

A few UK tracks Iā€™ve been enjoying from Ojerime and Jamilah Barry. Both have excellent albums out this year - and feel like they should be way bigger. I only discovered Ojerime recently but have been digging through her back catalogue and itā€™s :fire:

Ojerime - Give it Up 2 Me

Jamilah Barry - Glitter

Jamilah Barry - Adore

just got into that mereba record from last year, itā€™s really smooth
hereā€™s her tiny desks

1 Like

1 Like

black truck might be my fav r&b track of the last 5 years.

1 Like

the best

That Jazmine Sullivan album from January is my AOTY so far. Every single track is a jam. Only downside (which might move it down the list), is it should be longer. If you remove the skits / interludes itā€™s only 8 tracks.

The singles have already been posted so wonā€™t post again, but loving this track with Ari Lennox:

1 Like

Never got into any of these because why would you want to watch/listen to anything on your phone with emojis popping up all over the place and shit? Yes, I am over 30 years old.

1 Like

i think itā€™s the whole lockdown/livestream/numbers thing even though thereā€™s clearly a whole crew of people behind the camera. kind of missed a trick because if these were filmed properly they could be truly legendary. erykah badu vs jill scott ffs

2 Likes

Right! Iā€™m very interested in the content, itā€™s just not my medium at all. Seems like a real waste.

2 Likes

The new Kelly Rowland EP is :fire:

Not a bad track on it. Moves nicely between slow jams and up tempo stuff.

Flowers

Black Magic

2 Likes

have no idea why they dont do this on like youtube live at least. a real missed opp for sure.

1 Like

Anyone listen to the new Adrian Younge album? Really good stuff from him as usual. Really powerful listen too.

Can we talk about classic soul and RnB in here? Or is there another thread for that? If not, I may make a thread for it.

I mean, Iā€™m easy, but would definitely be up for / contribute to a classic soul discussion thread

1 Like

Holy shi

5 Likes

Ridiculously good isnā€™t it.

1 Like