road/traintrippin Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Cadiz

Howdy.

Eyeing Spain for a significant 10/14 day trip in the places mentioned above. I assume I’m right in thinking those four places have enough ‘to do/see/eat’ (assuming I’m being medium lazy in my daily schedule) for that period of time?

Anyone know if trains are likely to be dependable for getting from A to B?

Obvious question for @profk : do you know anyone who knows much about Spain?

1 Like

We did a very similar trip a few years ago (except we started in Portugal and didn’t get to Cadiz.)

Coaches rather than trains.

1 Like

did you find coaches relatively easy to book/were they relatively decent to travel in?

Yeah, they were pretty easy to book online and definitely comfortable enough for these reasonably short distances.

And this is speaking as someone scarred by a.l day childhood holiday bus trips from Scotland to the furthest reaches of England. I’d normally always prefer to take the train.

I just quickly checked and Seville to Granada is an hour quicker by bus than train. Obviously depends on your plans though,

1 Like

Done the train between Seville and Cadiz return and it was fast, easy and cheap. Train services around Spain have always been excellent in my experience.

Both Seville and Cadiz have plenty to do for several days each. Plus, depending on what time of year you’re going Cadiz has the beach…

1 Like

yeah it’ll be summer. i’m used to serious heat so won’t be an issue on that score and i figure multiple cities plus finishing on the beach would be a really solid run of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve posted this before, but this place in Cadiz is great. Approved by not one but two DiSers!

I mean Cadiz is just great in general, really.

1 Like

We flew to Jerez de la Frontera and spent a few days there and a few days in Cadiz in 2019. Cadiz is gorgeous, and you’ll find plenty to do there.

Jerez is worth looking into as either a stopover between Seville and Cadiz or a day trip from Cadiz too though (it’s about 45 minutes away on the train). It’s very rustic and has a laid back feel with nice things to see like the cathedral, the alcazar and sherry production etc. Local sherry at least used to be sold for a euro a glass straight out the barrel.

1 Like

fantastic. thank you for this. adding Jerez to the list.

1 Like

wonderful, thank you.

all nice places. when u going?

summer - so back of june into july. i know it’ll be boiling but i’m good with heat :slight_smile:

i wouldn’t go in the summer btw. there’s heat and then there’s ‘you will die if you spend too long in this’ heat. most of those places just straight up shut down in August.

2 Likes

hmm back of june not okay? or within range of being okay?

actually could also do back of May into June if better…

1 Like

May into June would be better imo.

It’s fine to go in July and August if you just wanna do a city break thing and enjoy the nightlife, but if you want to get out a bit more and travel, I would definitely recommend avoiding July and August.

1 Like

boom, you’re a champ. gonna do 24 May to 7 June or etc. thank you buddy

2 Likes

Granada is one of my favourite places ever. Tapas with every drink :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

yesssss. hyped <3 it’s a total blind spot for me. thinking of going pretty bonkers and expanding the trip to madrid, Caceres etc for a three week blowout even.

sevilla>madrid>ourense>santiago is all high speed train.

1 Like