road/traintrippin Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Cadiz

make sure you go to Ronda on your way to cordoba btw.

1 Like

ourense is only really there because that’s where the train ends btw. the only reason to be there is to ask for directions on how to get away from there.

1 Like

Went to Granada last November. Four tips:

• allow a full day to visit the Alhambra
  • buy your ticket to the Alhambra weeks in advance, admission to the Nasrid Palaces (the most interesting part) sells out every day
  • buy a combi ticket (“Dobla De Oro General Ticket”), this will give you admission to half a dozen other monuments in Granada, and you can visit either the day before, or the day after your Alhambra visit
  • carry your ID/passport when visiting the Alhambra and the other monuments - they are very strict on checking
1 Like

@profk am I eating shit on costs if I don’t prebook trains? Ideally would just grab em as I go along but presumably would come up against much higher ticket price?

you should absolutely prebook if you can, yes. the ‘ghost train’ phenomenon is still around (where people book trains on free passes that they have no intention of traveling on simply to maintain the free pass).

you might be lucky, but standing on spanish trains isn’t a thing - once the seats fill up then no more tickets are sold.

1 Like

This is the sort of ‘one extra fact’ that is insanely helpful. Thank you man.

1 Like

Will try and remember what else we did in Cadiz but this place was fantastic

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187432-d984261-Reviews-Casa_Manteca-Cadiz_Costa_de_la_Luz_Andalucia.html

From what I remember though you need to get there before opening time because it’s tiny and first-come-first-served. A beautiful tapas bar with two rooms. Make sure you get the Tortillitas de Camarones - fritters made with tiny shrimp, a specialty in Cadiz but the ones we had here were by far the best.

1 Like