Robbie Robertson (The Band) RIP

Bleh… Quite a few music folk going today.

Does that mean Garth Hudson is the last surviving member of The Band?

Sad I suppose he’s gone but I remember listening to Rick Rubin’s interview and he came across as very “me” and trying to write his version of history with him at the centre

Fucking ace guitar player - especially his stuff with Dylan for me. The playing on the Albert Hall gig is just savage in places, so good

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s been like that a good 25 years at least, and possibly as far back as The Last Waltz. He definitely had talent, but an even bigger ego,

2 Likes

Lol

11 Likes

Absolutely savage guitarist but a massive dickhead too. Doesn’t come off well in Levon Helm’s book. Still sad to see him go, just Garth left now. What incredible music they made together.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

6 Likes

Phenomenal songwriter and guitarist in one of my favorite musical acts ever. Sad it was never reconciled between him and Levon. Yes there were drug problems with the rest of the Band (except Garth), yet he always kind of seemed to act in his own best interest. Could have easily handed over some royalties to Levon for song writing credits, chose not to.

Once Were Brothers is a good documentary. RIP.

Absolutely slays throughout the Last Waltz however.

6 Likes

Music From Big Pink, The Band and Stage Fright are absolutely amazing, brilliant, monumental albums.

RIP

https://twitter.com/d_arkin/status/1689381436787232769

3 Likes

Love The Band. Sad to hear he was a bit of a dick. Always assumed from the name Jaime he was Latino heritage, but according to Wikipedia his mum was First Nation.

1 Like

Awh man :cry::sob:

1 Like

absolutely phenomenal songwriter, wrote some of the most timeless sounding songs ever

2 Likes

Stuck on the Manchester Free Trade Hall gig. What a player.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

4 Likes

The solo after Screamin’ Ronnie Hawkins gets to the ahhhhhh level of Who Do You Love.

1 Like

Ah shit

1 Like

Dad played this in the car so many times when I was a kid that it’s burned into my brain.

1 Like