ROBOT COMMANDO

we would have surely been unstoppable

3 Likes

Great stuff. Cheers!

2 Likes

Gonna make the executive decision to award us a skill score of 11 or 12 next time, but will let discobot select which one (the bastard). Whatever jackson/livingstone say, it’s incredibly hard to win one of these unless you have a very high skill score. Particularly if you’re trying to do it all on your first attempt (ok, first three attempts)
Will roll for luck and stamina same as normal though.

2 Likes
  • Good idea
  • No!

0 voters

Did you ever play any of the Lone Wolf books? They used a much more satisfying combat system which involved using a randomised number table in the back.

2 Likes

I did, but only one I think. Also remember enjoying Way of the Tiger, which had a cautionary note that attempting to copy the ninja feats could result in injury or death.

1 Like

Way of the Tiger was great but not sure what happened if you died halfway through the fourth book. Did you have to go right back to the start?

Same guys had a sci-fi one I liked a lot too but can’t remember the name.

Just read back through the last 300 posts from the past 2 hours, and @discobot is an absolute showboating monster. Fair fucks to the bot.

11 Likes

Old days dis!

When I was a kid, the dice had a habit of being rethrown until I got a 6 for skill…makes sense to continue the tradition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

City of Storms - that’s where you go with the potion IIRC - think you fly into a storm cloud or something, drop the potion and then let it rain its goodness all over everyone waking them all up.

Might have been easier than trying to kill Minos/Discobot.

3 Likes

If we’d have stumbled upon that and actually succeeded I’d have lost it completely - popping corks at whatever time of the morning, victory lap around the house, just rolling some dice willy nilly. Absolute scenes. As it stands I’ll save all this for next time when we will DEFINITELY win.

2 Likes

Just imagine you like-

‘Get the dice!!!’
‘Why do you need the…’
‘Just get me all the dice in the house come on come on!!!’

2 Likes

Ftfy

2 Likes