Rock stars/singers who are good eggs

Seeing as two people I idolised as a teenager are wankers (Moz and, likely, Thom Yorke), name some artists who are generally nice people.

This is gonna sound sexist but female artists always seem to be proper cool and not dickheads.

Ah fuck I did the ‘I’m not racist but…’ thing

1 Like

The Boss (Bruce “The Boss” Springsteen) always seems nice.

13 Likes

Stephen Malkmus seems like a good lad. Good politics, seems charming and friendly in interviews.

13 Likes

Chino from Deftones
Aidan Moffat
James from Twilight Sad

9 Likes

The rest of Radiohead.

1 Like

James from The Twilight Sad.
Kathryn Joseph.

4 Likes

The nicest man in rock, GG Allin

12 Likes

All of Shonen Knife.

1 Like

Gruff Rhys is a certified good egg. He once apologetically politely interrupted me whilst I was talking to someone as he wanted to say goodbye to them. Always has time to talk to people. Gruff Rhys for First Minister of an independent Wales please!

24 Likes

Self Esteem

13 Likes

Taking it old(ish) school, Tony Wright from Terrorvision is a 100% diamond of a human being.

5 Likes

Not sure if you’d call him a rock star, but Jeff Rosenstock sounds like one of the nicest human beings of all time. For example, he gives away his records for free download and encourages donations to great causes (such as Food Not Bombs) on the page where you download them. He also just seems like the kind of dude you could sit down with for hours, talking shit and drinking.

6 Likes

Walter Schriefels

4 Likes

Ezra Furman seems cool, engages with his fanbase a lot and tries to spread good messages around queer politics, mental health, social justice etc.

14 Likes

the absolute best

Damien Fucked Up

6 Likes

Michael Stipe
Mike Patton
Angel Olsen
Beth Orton

1 Like

Falco
Damien from St. Pierre

9 Likes

Mike Vennart seems like a very nice man.

All of the Haims.

3 Likes