Rocket From The Crypt

Met Speedo in Berlin - he said Atom Willard’s playing drums on this tour!

2 Likes

This news has me on a rope.

2 Likes

Looks like the Schizophonics are supporting on the UK dates - awesome live show.

In other news looks like Hot Snakes are coming over last week of January.

2 Likes

Hot Snakes tour dates

Thu 25 Jan 2018 Manchester Gorilla
Fri 26 Jan 2018 Glasgow Broadcast
Sat 27 Jan 2018 Newcastle upon Tyne The Cluny
Sun 28 Jan 2018 Leeds Brudenell Social Club
Tue 30 Jan 2018 Nottingham The Rescue Rooms
Wed 31 Jan 2018 Cambridge Portland Arms
Thurs 1 Feb 2018 Brighton Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar
Fri 2 Feb 2018 London Camden The Dome
Sat 3 Feb 2018 Bristol Thekla

2 Likes

With the recent Hot Snakes news this week I’ve been getting into these bands and taking a punt on the live gigs - so I’ve booked for the London show (partially based on Group Sounds but also the glowing live reviews).

What does ‘Return To Monkey Island’ refer to (apart from the videogame)? On See Tickets some of the gigs have this title listed and some don’t - is it a theme/stage set-up?

Just a gimmick title for the tour I believe.

TONIGHT! I am excited.

I think I may have to agree with this, Cloud Over Branson and Lorna Doom maybe two of their best songs. Although as the first of theirs I heard Circa Now comes close. It’s also been ages since I listened to either, will rectify that before the gig next week! Such a great band.
“SMOKE POT, SMOKE POT, EVERYBODY SMOKE POT!”

1 Like

Guys, where do I start with Rocket From The Crypt?

right here baby!

2 Likes

Cheers shagger, that’s my post lunch listen sorted.

1 Like

My reputation precedes me!

1 Like

I would start where I started with 1992’s Circa Now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Where has this band been all my life!? @Severed799 @LastAstronaut

2 Likes

had you not heard On A Rope at least? As the video suggests, a P-ROCK CLASSIC

I saw them in Berlin this summer and it was EXCELLENT FUN

2 Likes

Yeah back in the day, but never taken the plunge.

1 Like

I first saw them live in Manchester in 1995 and for a long time it was the best gig I’d ever attended. Saw them again in Leeds a couple of years ago and they were still just as good!

1 Like

wondering whether i can sneak out of my work Christmas party for an hour or so on Saturday night to head round the corner to this

Cracking pair of tracks those, such a strong album - absolute ramming speed full on during every track. My Arrow’s Aim is my favourite I think, followed by Shucks, obviously :smiley:

Circa Now is properly heavy, which I love. “WHERE’S MY DINNER???” Can’t believe it’s only a week away now. SO EXCITED!!! :rocket:

1 Like

I feel On A Rope should have the same amount of adoration as a certain song about knocking on wood…

1 Like