Rocket From The Crypt

I realised tonight that I’ve loved them for nearly 25 years! That ‘95 Manchester gig blew my mind, the stage full of blokes in silver lamé jackets playing the most fantastic racket and having a bloody good time, I’d never seen anything like it!

RFTC and WITTR next week! :metal:

1 Like

Really looking forward to the Brudenell gig next week. It’s going to be my Dad’s first ever gig. A 64 year old Springsteen fan will love RFTC, yeah?

3 Likes

Manchester tonight!
:saxophone::drum::guitar::microphone:

1 Like

This is so cool!

2 Likes

Totes! He will love their rock and or roll vibes. :smiley:

1 Like

Well jealous. Got to wait another week. Argghhh

So so so much fun. Most fun gig ever?

1 Like

Oh mate, so excited. Good to hear. Did they have a stand in trumpet player or did they rock it, old school Circa Now style?

They really are the best band ever.

Anyone at the Glasgow gig? Loved it! Loads of Circa: Now, most of Scream Dracula Scream, great sound throughout, adoring crowd… One of my gigs of the year!

I’ve bough a ticket on a semi-whim having liked Hot Snakes and ‘Group Sounds’ - what should I expect when I see them on Friday??

A cracking rock 'n roll show that’s what, they’ll destroy! :smiley:

Great to hear it’s quite Circa Now heavy (due to the line up) and loads of SDS. Can’t wait.

WHERE’S MAAAAA DINNER?

3 Likes

Group Sounds is as close to a live sound as their albums got, so all will be good. Having seen them twice, this was easily the better show. Great fun, pure rock and roll.

1 Like

Had a close family death last week so needing some good fun - this looks and sounds like just the ticket!

1 Like

Well, that was fucking incredible. My voice is destroyed I was shouting along to everything. That run of Circa Now! stuff into the self-titled album was sublime and then when Middle/Born In 69/ON A ROPE/Young Livers appeared, holy shit. They were so, crushingly heavy and loud as well. Great to see Atom drumming with them, absolutely punishing those skins.

Speedo knows how to work a crowd as well - love that man, what an entertainer.

6 Likes

Playing Electric Ballroom on 14th May. Tickets on sale tomorrow.

6 Likes

hope they do a little tour, so much fun live

I was hoping for the same but it looks like a one-off date. :frowning_face:

Fuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk!!!

2 Likes

Inspired by my Discogs random pick I have been listening to RFTC all day, started off with Live From Camp X-Ray, then Circa Now! and I’m just coming to the end of Scream Dracula Scream, currently deciding where to go next. It’s been a fun soundtrack to work today, highly recommended!

I bloody love this band! :grinning:

6 Likes

Got to be Group Sounds, so much raw energy. One of those records that sounds like everyone is trying to play with a little more intensity than everyone else.

2 Likes