Rod Stewart and the massive train-set

Probably his best ever work

3 Likes

10 Likes

I absolutely bloody love a model railway.

Played with my dads old one at my grandparents when I was little. Then started to build one with my dad. Used to go to model railway exhibitions too.

Think if I lived in Hamburg I’d go to Miniatur Wunderland every week. Best place in the world.

3 Likes

Rod’s a leg-end isn’t he. Good excuse to post this again. Great lunchtime viewing…

6 Likes

that is pretty cool.

Only found out recently that Rod Stewart is English. For some reason always thought he was Scottish. Must be like how people get confused and think Tom Jones is Welsh

1 Like

There are a couple of model railway magazines in the UK. They tend to alternate front covers between Rod Stewart and Pete Waterman.

The photos usually feature them wearing a train-driver’s hat and looking really happy.

It’s great.

3 Likes

Best Rod single

• Handbags and Gladrags
  • Gasoline Alley
  • Maggie May
  • Stay With Me
  • You Wear It Well
  • Sailing
  • I Don’t Want to Talk About It
  • Tonight’s the Night (Gonna Be Alright)
  • The First Cut Is the Deepest
  • The Killing of Georgie (Part I and II)
  • Hot Legs
  • You’re in My Heart
  • Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?
  • Tonight I’m Yours (Don’t Hurt Me)
  • Young Turks
  • Baby Jane
  • Some Guys Have All the Luck
  • Every Beat of My Heart
  • This Old Heart of Mine
  • Downtown Train

0 voters

Going to see Rod live in a couple of weeks. Anybody who thinks that isn’t going to be at least a 9/10 night out isn’t worth knowing.

7 Likes

That is superb. Particularly impressed by “it’s important to him that the backdrops are 3D”.

Bit disappointed that it doesn’t mention the gauge though.

I spent a summer working on a summer camp in America and on one of our few days off we got free tickets to see Rod at some funfair / adventure park thing. Still one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.

Massive Tory though isn’t he.

1 Like

Not on the list but ‘The Motown Song’

Choooon!

Fair point; I stopped at the end of the 80s

I saw him live in July, I am afraid it was well below a 9/10 experience

fair dos that looks mint

Badcustard do not try and ruin my anticipation of this (I will have extra beers before going)

I was up for a good time, and he seems like a good egg generally, but I am afraid his band of sexy women and his not one but two songs dedicated to our brave boys in the armed forces were more than I could take

Never understood why the Tory tabloids are so obsessed with him but that kind of explains it

Downsized Train
Baby Train
Railing

Etc

1 Like

This is absolute nonsense!

If you scroll down to Browse the Latest Editions, I think you’ll find that Jools Holland features more regularly than both: https://peco-uk.com/pages/railway-modeller

1 Like

Love this. It’s nice to see people being really passionate about stuff in such a productive and creative way.

Love that everything is named after Celtic too.