Rolling Alternative Current Affairs Thread

Hello! Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for interesting stuff in the news that’s not politics and doesn’t necessarily warrant its own thread. Going to try and keep it accessible to all and less, involved shall we say, than the politics thread. Can still discuss important things as well as more alternative/lighthearted news, obviously, but let’s keep it nice and friendly yeah?

1 Like

First sentence of this amused me

M&S said it overestimated demand for tight-fitting men’s clothing in the run-up to Christmas.

3 Likes

Menswear is the biggest clothing department, for sales, in Q3. The buying of wrong stock has stunted any potential growth C&H may have had over this period. Foods outperformed the market and was up on LFL sales

3 Likes

Maybe @rich-t can comment on this, but either I’m getting even fatter (plausible), or M&S shirt-sizes are in fact simply smaller when the label says “improved fit”

1 Like

M&S’s skinny fit is nowhere near skinny enough for my tastes I have found…

1 Like

Probably the former, but blame the latter by all means

1 Like

you want slim you have to go skinny, you want straight you have to go slim. all M&S stuff is too baggy.

You were my last hope

1 Like

Ha! Bit of a silly thing for them to stock I’d have thought as the sort of men (ie under 50) who tend to wear skinny jeans don’t really buy clothes in M&S I’d have thought.

1 Like

Brass neck

This might seem massively judgemental but are the kind of people who want to buy tight-fitting clothes or skinny jeans etc likely to be the type to buy them at M&S?

Damn you!

1 Like

I have a new pair of skinny trousers I’ve had to stop wearing because they made my balls ache

4 Likes

I think you’ve made the correct decision.

2 Likes

Or I’m dying but I’m tentatively going with the trousers for now

Got some m and s socks for Xmas. Size 9-12, but I’m only an 8. They fit fine.

Thanks!

Also their dirty fries thing is good.

2 Likes

@anon19035908, yeah there are, but they haven’t managed to get them in yet. The clothing side of the company is flailing in the wind atm. Can’t get the right strategy in place.

3 Likes

They fit me nicely as a size 13 too!

1 Like

sore balls and increased wind - the curse of the tight trouser

this is great, was in the market for new skinny trousers, might call in and see what’s on sale

1 Like