Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2018 Edition

This is good and haunting cello-based modern classical with a bit of percussion and processed vocals.

Really enjoying ‘Themes for Television’ by Johnny Jewel. Really cinematic ambient/electronica/lo-fi. Red Curtains, in particularly, is magic.

This was great, equal parts brutal and beautiful.

This is really nice, on Hammock’s label, he has also put out both Slow Meadow records.

moving towards the darker ambient realm, Chris Russell has a new one out I’m digging at the moment…

A really nice Hotel Neon live album here. Some seriously niche radio station to play this in full!

Love her first album - didn’t seem to get much notice.

Yeah haven’t heard it but gonna check it out

Yep it’s bloody lovely - they’ve become an instant purchase group for me.

They’re on my radar now, thanks to you. I think I got one of the last CD copies of Means Of Knowing. It’s gorgeous.

Only discovered this today, the Sigur Ros ‘Liminal’ thing. Some lovely varied stuff on here, I am a massive fan of the Riceboy Sleeps record Jonsi made as well. Think the visuals are trying a bit too hard to be ‘haunting’.

getting teary eyed at my desk in work listening to this song

Thinking of taking a punt on this compilation (love the cover!) but does anyone know the music?

I listened to but didn’t really connect with the referenced recent re-issues by Midori Takada and Yasuaki Shimizu, so maybe I shouldn’t.

wow this was fantastic, need to see them live pronto!

dream tour Hotel Neon and Warmth.

They’ve just announced a bunch of gatefold CDs for various releases btw

Satie, Eno, Nils Frahm, chill Aphex oriented sounds from earlier this year: susurrus

Always been a Benjamin Shaw and this is really nice, recorded entirely it seems in public library!

Anyone heard the new Olafur Arnalds yet? Still haven’t gotten around to it. Putting it on the ever growing list…

It’s really good, and I’m generally pretty ambivalent towards the modern classical side of ambient.