Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2018 Edition

Sorry - realised I’d got my Gizeh bands crossed! The FOUDRE! is still great, but it’s one of the 1000 bands containing Frederic Oberland. Richard Knox is in A-Sun Amissa (amongst others…)!

Ben

Don’t know why I haven’t yet listened to the CB/Eleh split as I love Imprec!

Ben

Did we all have a nice Christmas? My step-dad was blasting ‘Re:member’ while he was cooking on Christmas Day, can’t argue wit that.

Lets run the poll until the 30th and then I’ll tot it all up on NYE while I’m at work!

4 Likes

Lovely Christmas thanks. Hope yours was nice as well. Looking forward to seeing the results.

3 Likes

Right gang, so the results are in… and it’s a tie!

1 = Warmth – Parallel: 14
1 = Sarah Davachi - Let Night Come On Bells End the Day: 14
3 = Rafael Anton Irisarri - Midnight Colours: 9
3 = Jake Muir - Lady’s Mantle: 9
5 = Snufmumriko - Dromboken: 7
5 = Caterina Barbieri - Born Again In The Voltage: 7

This is is my first time running a poll, so now I am expecting Sean to come round to my house with a Blue Peter style badge!

7 Likes

Lovely stuff @Mr.Lady Thanks for doing this, great to see my #1 at joint first.

Did either of the top spots get more votes to get to 14, or was it level pegging all the way?

1 Like

If I’d voted, Davachi would have won outright!

Both the same, two 5’s and a 4.

1 Like

Solid list, can’t wait for what 2019 has in store for the ambient/drone realm!

1 Like

Great thread all year, some exceptional releases and commentary from the group. Let’s keep the momentum rolling into 2019!

A happy new year to all!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Time to start up the 2019 Thread Edition. ATT I’ll let you do the honors. :grinning:

4 Likes

Ta for the link. New Deaf Center in March, yesss - been waiting for this news for a long time!!

2 Likes

:wink:
I will kick it off in style tomorrow

3 Likes

Gas’s Rauch took my album of the year. It’s claustrophobic beats were a perfect fit for my 2018. I’m a late-comer to his stuff, Narkopop being my introduction last year. I’d be interested in others thoughts on his other stuff (a ranking list maybe?). I’ve dipped into his earlier stuff but haven’t yet done the full immersion. Waiting for a cheap Nah Und Fern or Box to pop up on eBay (could be waiting a while, I guess).

3 Likes

This is the same route I took into GAS. I’ve listened to most of his older work under that name and all I can say is there are no duffers, just dive in chronologically and you’re in for a great time. Incredible artist.

1 Like