Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2019 Edition

I am really taken by this. Seems a bit more like… maybe meditation music, but it is great.

Also, Aural Canyon do good work.

This was really really good. Brought to mind Twin Peaks Badalamenti on the first track. Had visions of Pink Floyd’s ‘Shine on You Crazy Diamond’ intro on 2nd track. A kaleidoscope of lushness. Nice find.

Got my interview with Sarah Davachi on Sunday, anyone got any burning questions they want answered?

Have only just listened to this, great recommendation. Looking forward to spending more time with it.

Finally listened. It’s incredible :heart_eyes:

Was a bit late to this one but listened to it yesterday and some really good stuff in there

The Caretaker’s Everywhere At The End Of Time (Stage Six) is out today, along with a free companion album for download, Everywhere, An Empty Bliss. It’s been quite the journey…

Yeah this is great listened to it last night. Always good hearing Caretaker stuff.

I got a couple of minutes into Stage 6 and realised I wasn’t ready. I know it’s going to be great but it’s such a conceptually heavy prospect I’m going to need a run up before I tackle it.

I’m not sure if I’m ready either - I might need to start again from Stage 1 and build up to it as a whole piece…

I was thinking the same. If anything it’s likely to make it a harder listen. But then if you’re going to go through this thing you may as well go all in…

I’m not sure I’m ready yet for the whole Everywhere At The End Of Time experience (Sadly, The Future Is No Longer What It Was is pretty exhausting and that’s a third of the length), but I love An Empty Bliss Beyond This World and the companion album feels like a perfect bridge between both pieces.

Halfway through Stage 2 just now, and the mood is bleakly ominous already…

New Chlorine…YES!!

Solid rec. here, had never heard of artist. Nice icy dark ambient going on.

Yeah, that’s blissful…

new one from me and Polypores out today:

longform drones ahoy!

Got this on now - those deep string swells around 7 mins in your track are lovely

These are really beautiful! Such lovely tones.

@AphexTwinkletoes cheers! can’t quite remember how i did that - probably some guitar or something!

@colossalhorse cheers! Stephen Polypores has a pretty meaty discography too, if you wanted to dig into that