Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2020 Edition

Nice birthday!

1 Like

great little album, that! some really beautiful textures

1 Like

Iā€™ll shut up about this now, but the new Craven Faults down to 2 blue vinyl copies.

Wise decisions all 'roundā€¦

Ben

Norman have got the blue vinyl as well, should anyone miss out on BC

2 Likes

thanks

I just got an email saying the demand has outstripped expectations and to buy it now if you want a blue one, donā€™t wait until tomorrow

1 Like

Alright lad, calm down!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s rally kind - yes, I grabbed one a couple of hours ago!

Itā€™s gone on BC now, though you can get it with the slipmat bundle.

Ben

Oh man. Ben Frostā€™s By The Throat reissued (on transparent red vinyl) exclusively for BCā€¦

Doesnā€™t actually appear to be there now, and it was when I first checked, but rather than it already being sold out, Iā€™m suspecting itā€™s been temporarily taken off the page to hold back sales until BC Friday? It could be sold out thoughā€¦hope not cause itā€™s always been sorely missing from my collectionā€¦

2 Likes

:frowning_face:

New KMRU is predictably gorgeous. Really shimmery drone.

2 Likes

Hmm. When I first checked the page, when it was initially announced, the red vinyl was definitely listed separately to that one, which I think is just the original pressing. Itā€™s just disappeared without trace. Very strange.

Ended up giving up on that and buying Hotel Neonā€™s Vanishing Forms LP, which is $10 on their BC at the mo. Even with hefty US shipping charges it was about Ā£20 total, so fairly happy with that. Really want that Ben Frost one though.

1 Like

Hope this does show up at some point ā€“ By The Throat is one of my favourite albums of all time & probably at the very top of my vinyl wishlist.

That sold out listing is the definitely the original pressing ā€“ Iā€™ve been checking periodically in case any copies ever popped up from down the back of a sofa :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh cool, thanks for confirming that. Regretting not insta-buying when I saw it now! It was announced at about half 9 last night, so I thought Iā€™d wait until midnight at leastā€¦ vanished!

OH wow, 3 KMRU albums in 2020 so far. Weā€™re not worthy, weā€™re not worthy!

1 Like

Lush film score from Hugar out today.

If anyone wants some mostly ambient ideas for spooky season Bandcamp Day, I did a twighter thread of recs

2 Likes

After much umming and ahhing, my Bandcamp Day vinyl purchase became this. Love the available tracks and canā€™t wait to hear what crazy sounds Ms Ott can get out of the ondes Martenot on the others!

Ben

1 Like

Rinsing that Avery album at present, hard to pick a best bit from all the highlights. What a collaboration!

2 Likes