Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2021 Edition

Two albums from the past year that have been handy for working without getting sucked into Feelings™:

And this is an old favourite that feels like drifting away on a sunny riverbed:

1 Like

Great horse, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just want to echo statements above @colossalhorse this record is a stunner. Pure ambient bliss. Loved it.

1 Like

Cheers NY, I’m really pleased you’re digging it!

First track of this popped up on NTS yesterday, and I’d never heard of it before. Filed under ‘New Age’ but maybe more Modern Comp with a jazz twist from 1986 by today’s standards? Going in on the rest of the album now…

Released today, for fans of Snowdrops and the genius that is Christine Ott, this is Snowdrops with added Oud!

Ben

2 Likes

Love this on first listen

2 Likes

Mate, this is the best thing you’ve ever done :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Finally someone else said it! Thank you man :pray:

Absolutely stellar, pal. I feel rather proud to be part of a little community whose members include artists like you.

Ben

1 Like

Thanks man! I feel really lucky to be part of a community that both puts up with my spamming and brings so much amazing music to my ears. It’s a special thing.

1 Like

The ever industrious Sarah Davachi has another new album coming out soon. This time a collaboration with Sean McCann. So I think it’s probably a set of more improvised pieces.

1 Like

Rather shamefully, I have actually never listened to your stuff before but gave this a listen and think it is absolutely wonderful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Really nice this, cheers for sharing.

1 Like

Well I’m glad you like my stuff now you’ve heard it! Nothing to be ashamed of - no one is legally or morally obliged to click on my spam posts. I’d do a lot more if they were tbh, really rack up those streaming numbers.

Just go ahead and park yourself right up my street why don’t you, 36. Can’t wait for this.

2 Likes

Goddammit this track is doing me in.

4 Likes

Enjoyed this KMRU and Echium collaboration that come out on Friday, imagine some of you lovely folk will too…

3 Likes

Yep, already all over that @old_man_burner !

Ben

1 Like

Boomkat got me with one of their mail outs. Gentle ambient synth but more engaging than that makes it sound. I’d listened to an earlier mini-LP that hadn’t really made an impression on me but should revisit that now too.

Maybe one ffo Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith?

2 Likes