Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2021 Edition

They started off as Young Hunting and put out one release on Blackest Ever Black before changing their name (I have a copy).

1 Like

Smashing rec that, Steve. Thanks.

Ben

2 Likes

Yeah, seconded, this is really great!

1 Like

Just bought it on olive-blob-in-coke-bottle-green vinyl.

I. Am. So. Weak.

:woozy_face:

Ben

2 Likes

Yer man @NeilYoung pointed this one out in the new releases thread back in April, it is indeed a cracker… We should probably scoop up the best bits from that thread too…

3 Likes

New KMRU out tomorrow lads.

2 Likes

Released and downloaded in beautiful WAV…

…and I’m on a Zoom course all day so can’t listen yet!

Argh

Ben

2 Likes

Ambient fiend

This gets a physical release 28/05 but is available to stream. Contender for album of the year for sure - pure emotional bliss.

Does zake ever sleep? Guy is mad prolific.

7 Likes

This is frankly brilliant. Anyone needing a droney IDM hit this is very good.

2 Likes

Was coming into this thread to share this. Sounds like stars of the lid crossed with the end of GYBE songs

(Actually I was going to link a different Zake album);

3 Likes

I listened to this today - so good.

That zake fella makes Robert Pollard look workshy

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, absolutely stunning record, just pre ordered the pink/blossom version on Juno.

Looking forward to catching up on the Matt Robertson and Amulets too x

This is lovely but it’s taken me all week to realise this is not the triple album that came out what feels like four weeks ago but instead something new again. Stop making the rest of us look lazy.

Really love the Benoît Pioulard cover photo too – those Polaroid hues are a perfect match for this type of sound.

THINK this one should fit here. Has elements of droney ambiance but its the darker electronica that really drives it home. Don’t know why but just kept thinking of Kit from Knight Rider cruising the streets with this blasting out of the speakers. “SKOV VIII” oooofffttt. Loved it.

Nice Bandcamp piece on drone.

I own 5 of the 6 featured albums so guess that makes me a drone fan.

2 Likes

7-part sci-fi ambient. Not sure if dark ambient or modern composition (whatever that means anyway), but sounds pretty massive and resolves well.

Didn’t even know this was coming out…!

It’s sublime! Got slightly more of a dub techno flavour… reminds me of Voices From the Lake or something on Silent Season at points… wow. Blissful stuff.

2 Likes