Rolling Ambient/Modern Composition/Drone Thread 2023 Edition

Looks like Claire Rousay is playing in the UK again

Mary Lattimore is also touring - think Silver Ladder was a particular favourite on here in 2020.

Dates in Manchester, Kendal, Newcastle, Brighton, and London.

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/mary-lattimore

1 Like

Holy moly

Little late to the party and couldn’t really get on with her last release, but the new Kali Malone is a stunner. Wish it was 5 more hours.

3 Likes

I’m a big KM fan so was super excited by this but just hadn’t quite got along with it, gave it several listens all the way through and it is 100% in my ballpark but just didn’t engage me, didn’t seem to have anything special going on.

But saw your post and decided to give it another listen and for the first time on speakers not headphones as previously and suddenly it was there, absolutely stunning. I think my very average headphones were just not conveying the resonance and detail.

Bad news is I’m now forking out for the vinyl :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The maestro does it again! Loving this.

I’ve been getting into Cole Pulice after reading a Pickfork feature, this is really nice.

New Sarah Davachi collaboration released tomorrow. Shop link just because it doesn’t seem to be up on Bandcamp yet

2 Likes

Well I could post this in the recent vinyl purchases thread or the ridiculous bargain thread but will stick it here instead. The triple vinyl Bring Me the Head of Kyle Bobby Dunn vinyl has just arrived.

Lovely album, £9 from Rarewaves. Ridiculous price!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Posting this in here as a new release for today for our genre interests.

Its good - especially Black, Pink and Magenta, for me!

Come on team, please can we have more new releases posted in here as you find them?! I need to hear the stuff you’re finding and enjoying!!

Ben

4 Likes

New one from Pepo Galan out today with guest spots from the likes of warmth, karen vogt and benoit pioulard.

on first listen, pretty blissfull, warm fuzzy blanket textures with some chilled vocal.

1 Like

The packaging that these guys do is off the scale beautiful.

Frustratingly, for me, they do very few vinyl releases, and I don’t own a CD player anymore.

I have one of theirs, from a few years ago now - by Tape Loop Orchestra. I still haven’t opened the beautiful foil pouch to reveal the unique bits and bobs that came in it! Just couldn’t bring myself to sully it!

Ben

1 Like

Absolutely, preaching to the choir, beautiful stuff, – all sublime, full of little pictures, photo negatives, film frames, cut outs and vanilla pods and all sorts of haberdashery. I think I’ve got all their vinyl releases (which is only about 6 or 7) but all stunning and I have a few of their cd’s although similarly only have a disc drive no cd player.
Is that ‘’go straight to the light…’’? I’ve opened the foil pouch, lovely gatefold and translucent vinyl, but haven’t brought myself to break the seal on the packet within, looks like some nice postcards or some such.
I remember the A Lonely Place vinyl blowing my tiny mind at the time, incidentally one of my absolute favourite ambient records of all time, and the Seaman and the Tattered Sail, Christoph Berg and Olan Mill all stick in my mind as being particularly sensational as well. Time Released Sound are the only other label I can think of (I’m sure there are few others) that put so much time into the packaging

1 Like

Yes! It’s Go straight towards the light…!

Just got it off the shelf - you’re right, it’s the ‘tracing paper’ pouch that I haven’t been able to open!

Gonna spin that (stunning cloudy translucent) vinyl this afternoon now!

Ben

1 Like

Holy coincidence, Batman.

I shared Gainer with a friend only yesterday, and then this is released today!

Ben

Great stuff, new one out in 2 weeks as well

Edit / direct link to the album wasnt working but ‘Temporal In-betweens’

1 Like

Seems like everything is available now…

5 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

Can I have a tiny moan?

Biliana Voutchkova & Sarah Davachi’s Slow poem for Stiebler - very nice.

But…if I’m paying £9 for the WAV files, and I could get a CD with its nice artwork and everything for £10 (I don’t want the CD, I have no CD player anymore!), could they not provide higher-res files than 16bit/44.1kHz?

Just seems a bit stingy to me…

Moan over/

Ben