Rolling Brand New Thread

Interesting coming into this having never really heard the band before!

1 Like

Guys, Devil and God has got me. It’s fucking GREAT. Can I have their guitar tone pls?

9 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

I just want to know why when Space used silly voices it was “wacky” and “kitsch”, but when Jesse Lacey does it, it’s “art”

this is internet bullying

I think you should listen to them!

1 Like

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

of the highest calibre.

1 Like

The best bit on this album is on Can’t Get It Out where he goes “manic dePRREEESSSIIIVVEE”. More thoughts to come.

8 Likes

Reminds me of when pearl jam went from sorta genre-y band to just an absolutely fucking solid rock band with vitalogy. Sounds just amazing too.

Agreed, it’s gonna be amazing live

You should listen to Deja Entendu next

3 Likes

Slightly envious of those discovering them for the first time. Maybe this will be their mainstream breakthrough and everyone I know will stop looking at my blankly when I say I’m off to see BN. Or not.

1 Like

Didn’t understand c80% of the words used in that video but it’s the longest I’ve ever seen Jesse Lacey speak

This is the only band that I don’t feel that way about, the shared history is a major, major factor in their allure. You can’t replicate that feeling of finally getting a new record after eight years of waiting if you’re just getting into them now innit.

4 Likes

As someone that falls into this category, I don’t think I agree. I’d never had any interest in them and am only listening because literally every internet/social media site I look at is losing their shit over them having a new album out. I think growing up with this band and knowing the back catalogue would have improved my enjoyment of this album immensely. As it stands it’s just fine.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. I wouldn’t exchange my position for their’s. But I vividly remember where I was when I first heard them (Sic Transit video, 3am MTV2, my parents sofa), and the day Deja became my favourite album (walking across Victoria station listening to the bridge from Tommy Gun) and the absolute joy of streaming Sowing Season of MySpace the night it was released. To have any of that to look forward to would be ace. Then again, arriving just as the party is coming to an end…

I realise I am slightly over invested.

3 Likes

Yeah one of the reasons I love this band is because I’ve grown up with them, from being 13 and identifying with the teenage angst of the YFW era, to being 15 and screaming along to Sic Transit Gloria at an under-18s night, to having my mind blown listening to an import copy of TDAG for the first time in my bedroom when I was in sixth form.

2 Likes

Yup exactly:

1 Like

It’s no where near their best album, Devil and God, so you are right to say new one is fine :wink: