Rolling Brand New Thread

Sounded really promising on first listen. Very early-mid period Modest Mouse in places, who have always been an influence since TDAG but maybe never this strongly. The last three tracks are so strong, and agree that the second half sounds stronger than the first at the moment. No Control is such a jam. Also how much does the start of Waste sound like Disarm?!

Bracing myself for ticket hell in less than half an hour…

cant wait to listen to this later once it’s downloaded.

algo got tickets for Glasgow. pretty excited. I’ve never seen them before.

Jesse looks like he can’t wait until it’s all over :frowning:

1 Like

all sold out already

Fuck this shit

did you manage to get a ticket?

plan was for me and my friend to get 3 each for all our buddies, but only he got through.

Fuck! I had three sites open and been refreshing since 8:50 just in case but the TV got a pair.

1 Like

So it’s definitely gonna need to grow on me from the first couple of listens. Seems back-heavy but there’s some great moments on there for sure. Definitely closer to Daisy than TDAG from early impressions and that’s no bad thing as Daisy grew on me a ridiculous amount with time.

Slightly concerned about the amount of tracks that sound a bit like you’d hear them in a bible belt dive bar on a crime show where the singer is wearing a cowboy hat and there seems to be some kind of line dancing in the background though…

Fuck. I hope they add another date.
One of the most dedicated fan bases around I’d say.

Keep refreshing ticket chasers, these things nearly always say they’ve sold out and then transactions don’t go through or whatever, there’s usually a period where the odd one pops back up on Ticketmaster or what have you.

Manage to get one from stargreen. After first attempt said unavailable (and my ticketmaster order failed at last minute) so keep trying.

1 Like

Stargreen have been my saving grace many times in the past.
I like going to their little shop too, though preferred the old location.

1 Like

He’s never exactly been one for smiling in press shots though, has he? :grin:

No luck. Part of the problem is I can’t really keep refreshing or trying for ages when I’m at work. Should have been organised enough to get someone else to try as well, really

I thought this about Daisy, kinda liked that about it though

1 Like

Managed to get 3 for me and my mates. Seetickets sold out in about a millisecond I think - ridiculous.

Will get the album tonight.

1 Like

Didn’t get that vibe from Daisy for whatever reason, hope it passes here as well as it’s an aesthetic (musically and visually) that I really don’t get on with in the slightest.

Maybe someone on here will have bought spares or will have one nearer the time?

I didn’t think but should have tried to get an extra for any DiSers who missed out.

I also got up early to get the CD/download to listen to today. Only had one cursory listen on the way to work so only in passing on a noisy train but initial impressions are it sounds closer to TDAG and Daisy with some slow tracks as well.

Bagged one for Brixton!! Anyone else going solo?

Gonna download the album later. So stoked to spend all weekend listening to this over and over!