Rolling cutting back on the booze thread

I’m trying to go a month without beer (mainly to lose weight) and am very much wondering this. It’s depressing to think of how big a gap it fills.

1 Like

Watching sports, reading books, drinking obscene amounts of tea and coffee, playing xbox. That’s my weekend plan anyway!

2 Likes

The 6 Nations has definitely turned up at the right time. My concentration is completely gone though, so my massive pile of books remains unread. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I drink a lot of sleepy teas. Those with valerian root in work best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like something from Game of Thrones!

3 Likes

Feb so far
Days sober: 16
Days drunk: 1
Days hubgover: 1

Days into year: 48
Totals days drunks: 3
Total Days hungover: 2

19 Likes

day 3 of not drinking

I’m bored as fuck tbh

5 Likes

Did 6 weeks with no booze. Just had a glass of wine. Still great!

3 Likes

It’s been a good year for me so far with the caveat that my bar is set a lot lower than most. I’m what you’d probably class as a ‘heavy drinker’. My goal was to have more dry days and I’m happy with my progress. So far I’ve had, at the very least, two dry days a week (again, low bar I know). I’ve found that focusing on fitness has made me think twice about reaching for a beer. Running at least 5k every other day and lifting weights every day means I’m in the best shape of my life but it doesn’t come naturally and I have to constantly talk to myself in order to stay on track. Just wanted to share my progress really. Also, just wanted to voice my appreciation for this thread and everyone who’s been sharing. It’s great to have this space where we can check in and find inspiration in each other’s stories. Good work everyone.

11 Likes

So far this year have avoided drinking apart from once a week when my bubble buddy’s over (and a couple of those off in January). Nice to not feel groggy during the week, and makes it feel like a treat rather than a habit. Non-alco beers have been helpful if I do have the urge mid week.

3 Likes

I cant stop drinking rooibus tea send help

Currently dry from Monday-Thursday, really struggle to abstain at the weekends so not really trying at the moment. Might try and include Sunday though and get it to 5 days off, 2 on, but I’m reticent whilst it’s still dark and cold and I’m trapped inside.

Don’t find the weeknights difficult at all though once you get into the habit of not cracking open a can at 5:30

2 Likes

You sound similar to me. I love my beer and wine, so two or three dry days a week and I’m happy. I think I achieved this for about 5 weeks, then last week I drank every day. That’s not a problem, but only if the following week I fall back into line and behave myself. Which I did. So I’m really cheerful.

It’s such a fine line. But at the moment I’m doing really well. Also everything else falls into place, my diet and my exercise also is spot on.

Sometimes I’m sure I suffer from some Jeckyll and Hyde syndrome. But that’s always been with me, years before I discovered alcohol. There seems always a battle between good and bad going on in my mind. Anyway I’m rambling…that’ll be the wine :wink:

2 Likes

This is it innit. Coming off the wagon every now and then isn’t the end of the world. As long as you don’t use it as an excuse to go ‘well I’ve tried and failed so fuck it’. You’ve just got to go again. That’s my attitude anyway. Three dry days last week.

5 Likes

Day 30 of no booze. Gone beyond wanting it to being a bit scared of it for some reason.

Main reason for stopping for a while was to fix my insomnia. Has it worked? No. No it hasn’t.

8 Likes

I’m a bit less doughy though, so that’s a nice bonus

yeah this is what I found when I was off it for a couple of weeks annoyingly

1 Like