Rolling Dance Whatever 2019

A fascinating if disturbing insight into House of God. No idea how they got away with this stuff, some of the things they did would definitely fall in the ‘not OK’ category now:

Hi, newun here. Been reading energy flash and listening to what I can on Spotify. Interested in hearing more white label records from 90-92 - are there any good blogs with them on or compilations to buy?

Basically got the same Q about jungle as well

For your jungle I’d recommend checking out anything that Deep Jungle releases on band camp - loads of old school jungle from the 90s (Dillinja, Grooverider, Adam F, etc) which is all pretty much essential. I found a good jungle playlist on Spotify as well but I can’t remember what it’s called and my Spotify’s fucked at the moment.

At the end of last year Lee Gamble did a few jungle-heavy NTS shows, this one in particular was pretty good: Lee Gamble - Jungle functions as a particle accelerator 8th October 2018 | Listen on NTS

Jag time. Put this out on Friday on Disintegration State and it definitely belongs here more than in the ambient thread. Dystopian IDM / house / techno

Yes.

5 Likes

New Murlo. Like it a lot. Album (and graphic novel, because why not) out 22 Feb :+1:

1 Like

Came out last year but only heard it this week, really great stuff:

And a new Lee Gamble record out today, first part of three:

2 Likes

that Celine Gillain record is soooooooooooo good

probably one of the most interesting dance records I’ve heard for a while

2 Likes

Another excellent art of DJing feature on RA, love the videos they’ve started doing recently. Avalon’s consistently been one of my favourite DJs over the last few years so found this one especially interesting. The level of detail she puts in to pre-set prep and organising her music is really cool.

1 Like

Yeah, dead good series. Always like how they tailor each one to the DJ, so Eris Drew’s and Vladimir Ivkovic’s were more about track selection and their history as DJs whereas James Zabiela’s and Paula Temple’s (which might as well have been written in a foreign language for the amount of it I understood) focus more on the technical side.

Think one of the most consistent takeaways is that it’s as complicated as you want to make it. Have seen a lot of “big” names play with 2 or 3 CDJs and a standard issue mixer but I guess they wouldn’t be as interesting to interview.

1 Like

Eris Drew’s, where she demonstrates all her little live sampling tricks and using bird noises, that was so good.

The DJ Bone feature was great actually, he seems like a fairly traditional ‘3 decks and a mixer’ guy I think. His style is also full of little intricate fader tricks and things though, so there was a lot to talk about.

My brother (who has excellent taste) was telling me about obscure youtuber/channel

Found this mix of ‘dream’ trance/acid and it’s so good

2 Likes

actually can’t tell if this is really terrible but I love it

4 Likes

Nice mix from Barker here:

That Ilian Tape series is great, there was a Shed one a while back that I had on repeat for about a month.

1 Like

This is out today and sounding good so far

2 Likes

This is superb, thanks for the tip.

1 Like

DJ Healer / Prime Minister of Doom has finally been reissued + new Golden Baby material…
Don’t sleep
https://allpossibleworlds.de/

@McGarnagle
@littlebirds
@Steved
@suapth

4 Likes