Rolling Dance Whatever Thread 2018

Not sure I’d say either Konstantin or TW have been welcomed back - I think both have burned their bridges with a lot of promoters and there was a lot of blowback when Krankbrother booked Konstantin as part of their Giegling showcase in April. Think it might be different for Jack because a lot of the promoters that book him do so with bottom line in mind because he can fill those big rooms in Ibiza.

In other news I’m currently on a train that’s full of exceptionally loud people and this mix is the only thing keeping me from murder suicide (plus it’s a suitably bassy warmup for Batu in Room One tonight):

1 Like

Printworks new season announced:

17 Nov and 15 Dec look the most interesting, although lots of the same old names appearing. How expensive were tickets last time, anyone remember?

Just once I wish Omar S would play a normal sized club in London that isn’t XOYO. I didn’t go last year but tickets were between £20 and £40 depending on release.

Cheers, just grabbed a couple of tickets for Bicep on the Wednesday night. Been meaning to catch them for ages.

2 Likes

Really enjoying this at the moment, nice to see Tectonic doing more of that awesome unclassifiable bass music they do so well

1 Like

Quite decent piece on EBM

Ah man I love early EBM - might binge on Front 242

1 Like

Saw him at Phonox on one of the Sunday night sessions for a fiver last year, it was great (sorry).

First time at Five Miles on Sunday night, think someone recommended it in this thread a little while ago when talking about London clubs.

Cracking little place, excellent sound and truly lovely atmosphere all night. Ben Sims and Truncate b2b, love their unpretentious and fun way of playing ‘serious’ techno. Ended quite early (4am) but given it’s less than 30 minutes from my house by bus can’t complain.

The Cause and Grow have also both been good nights out on recent visits, that area of Tottenham has a lot going for it at the moment.

I’ve been to Grow a couple of times now and it’s pretty fun, very diy. Went to Adonis at the Cause, which was, um, interesting.

I think with all the venues shutting in Dalston (the alibi and TRC the latest ones to go) and the new Hackney restrictions, seems like Tottenham could pick up the slack.

1 Like

Interesting how at the Cause…?

Yeah seems that way for sure - Five Miles is the same people as Alibi apparently too, so they seem to think it’s better to put their efforts in to this new place only, over keeping both open.

Great night at Chapter 10 on Sunday, as ever. They never announce the bill in advance as they like to keep the crowd majority gay/ queer and it’s always a good atmosphere. Wasn’t family with Virgina before but she smashed it.

1 Like

I meant familiar, obviously.

nice line up! Chapter 10 has always been so much fun, we considered going on Sunday until it sold out (didn’t want to risk it as couldn’t get there for doors).

Ah bummer, you should have as it wasn’t that heaving and a friend got in after 12. Perhaps some people got lazy on account of the weather.

Yeah I do really like it, Bloc can be a nightmare when its rammed tho, especially those toilets.

Ah really? Damn - previously it’s often been packed with very few door tickets. We had a great time at Five Miles anyway, but would’ve been nice to see Steffi in such a small venue.

Those Hackney restrictions are going to drive everything that bit further out (Fold in Canning Town’s another good example of this).

Full on JAG, but I made an electronica/techno/IDM/whatever record and we put it out on Disintegration State on Friday last week.

Streaming on all the usual services

There’s a ltd edition CD version on bandcamp too.

2 Likes

Had a weird experience at Five Miles on Friday where the promoters of the night that was on, flat out didn’t want to let us in. When asked why they just kept saying they have a door policy. But wouldn’t elaborate what that was (it was a gay night, when I asked if they thought we weren’t gay they said it wasn’t that). Eventually the bar manager got involved and told them to let us in but just felt really off? The night ended up being brilliant (Shaun J Wright was on who was incredible) but took me a while to shake it off (especially as literally everyone else turning up was being allowed in with no questions asked). At least it was just the promoter and not the venue but still, sort it out.

That’s really weird… I guess you didn’t get any kind of answer from either the promoter or the venue as to what their issue was?