Rolling Descent into Fascism Thread [chat away]

Only those safe from fascism and its practices are likely to think that there might be a benefit in exchanging ideas with fascists.

Good piece, articulates well the futility of the ‘marketplace of ideas’

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s a really good line. Well paid centrist and right leaning journalists see no problem ‘debating’ fascism, because it’s something that will never threaten them personally (or so they think).

2 Likes

Quite

https://twitter.com/redlightvoices/status/1058284652828475393

1 Like

Confused post must delete

I mean… there’s a lot going on in here!

1 Like

The writer’s name gives it away.

It’s not that far off, though, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Ah fuck, have I been trolled?

*edit - I have been trolled.

1 Like

I think I used a self cleaning toilet earlier. it didn’t have a toilet seat which was really confusing. I tried to lift up the area where a seat should be but it was all toilet. Big drain on the floor Plus that exact button you press to open train doors.

2 Likes

messed up as this is, “reasonable grounds” was already pretty hazy territory

1 Like

Not sure what you make of John Oliver on last week tonight. His delivery can irk but I still enjoy it. This piece nearly destroyed me.

Really bad bit is from like 1min 45s in and I would think carefully about watching if you’re a parent - onions being chopped everywhere.

Is this an ascent OUT of fascism?

I don’t really know enough about Polish politics, though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jules_su/status/1061863141720637440

If you go to the thread there’s loads of other horrible stuff too. Can’t believe it’s happening in 2018.

2 Likes

200,000 people at a fascist demo in poland the other day :grimacing:

2 Likes

Has anyone actually ever read the Spectator?

I was stuck in a waiting room last night without any phone battery…and it was the only magazine available. It was actually pretty shocking how brazen it was, just page after page of contempt from the likes of Toby Young, James Delingpole, etc. (Lionel Shriver also proved herself to be pretty awful). Given it’s pseudo-intellectual guise, I’d say its even more dangerous than the Mail.

1 Like

Seen articles pop up online it’s consistently pretty awful.