Rolling Descent into Fascism Thread [chat away]

Really leaning into having a state controlled media!

2 Likes

I was about to drop this into the Prince Philip thread, but I guess this is a better fit:

3 Likes

Probably the wrong thread, but I opened a betting account yesterday and one of the compulsory questions you have to answer is name of employer. Thought that was a bit weird, so looked through the T&C and spotted this also…

Is that normal/legal - barring people if they’re found to have depression? Maybe I’m looking at it from the wrong angle and it’s intended to protect the user? Ever encountered anything like that before?

I expect they’re worried about getting bad press or sued for exploiting the symptoms of someone’s illness, say if someone with a condition that affects their decision-making loses all their money and it gets out that [company] has nothing in place to stop mentally ill or impaired people from doing that. I suppose it’s the kind of thing that they’d only find out in the event of someone trying to sue them, where they’d be investigating the person.

2 Likes

@bugduv if it weren’t the gambling industry I’d say its actually a responsible thing to do, given that decision-making capability is sort of essential in gambling ‘safely’ and a lack of it can lead to extreme problems, so it would be protective. But given that its the gambling industry I agree they’re 100% just covering their own butts

I think it’s to comply with the Gambling Act of 2005 - vulnerable persons have to be protected.

1 Like

New British passport: +1 respect

7 Likes

you need to gouge ‘european union’ into it with a compass

3 Likes

Looks weird to have BRITISH PASSPORT at the top as well as the full formal country name at the bottom.

Should obviously just say PASSPORT if you’re gonna have the country at the bottom.

1 Like

Can’t go anywhere else with it, so BRITISH PASSPORT is most accurate :grimacing:

4 Likes

At a guess it might be due to the British Overseas Citizen thing? Does seem weird though

1 Like

But it’s BRITISH, m9. That means it’s better and everyone needs to know that.

2 Likes

And you can’t spell BRITISH without SHIT

SHIT RIB. Even more superfluous than a spare rib.

5 Likes

Actually not sure tbh

21 Likes

Definitely not B, that’s just an excuse pinkos will try and use for not wearing a fucking poppy

1 Like

I would argue all of them, with the qualifier that B refers only to members of the Conservative Party.

Not sure where to post this -

Must be completed by 6th May!

6 Likes

This is extremely worrying. 49% would support a military coup?!