Rolling Descent into Fascism Thread [chat away]

"However, I do think their views and those of similar parties and organisations in the UK should be robustly challenged in healthy and open debate.”

WE WILL DEFEAT THE FAR RIGHT IN THE MARKET-PLACE OF IDEAS

3 Likes

i’d like to see you offer an example of when nazis were defeated with anything besides fact checked arguments. check mate, hard left.

1 Like

This is maybe a good sign
https://twitter.com/SamWhyte/status/1053660940867125248

6 Likes

Idk, I’m hearing a lot about this “Football Lads” thing essentially being a rebranded EDL. And even if matches are getting smaller the far-right is just so mainstream now that they don’t need to do these marches to try to display power. It’s all so fucked

My country is generally pretty progressive, and this took place in Bumblefuck, Nowhere, but the fact that this was an official local government initiative is hugely depressing…

can’t believe how many people in the comments seem to genuinely not understand what the issue is

No need to protest when what you’re protesting for is only a shade or two away from the status quo

CBC comments shall we say don’t reflect mainstream Canadian opinion…

is it some crazy right wing publication?

CBC is the BBC equivalent. However most website commenters seem to be the equivalent of Daily Express readers.

it’s probably just something about the sort of people who want to express their opinion to complete strangers on the internet…oh wait. :slight_smile:

can’t imagine being so offended at someone’s sexuality i have to fly a stupid flag to soothe my hurt wittle feelings. look at yourselves you fools. grow the fuck up.

i don’t know if this has any relevance to fascism as such but who can be bothered starting a thread - pipe bombs sent to Clinton, Obama, CNN. disturbing stuff, and most disturbingly of all, not at all shocking.

The new rules request that performers “do not sing or play any vulgar, obscene or banned songs or carry out indecent acts or make any vulgar gestures, actions or remarks during the performance”.

2 Likes

Yeah, good luck with that lads.

What the fuck?

Ban request mods.

11 Likes

i predict that this will go exactly as well as it did when someone at bbc radio 5 said to rage against the machine during the campaign to be xmas number 1

can you do the song without the rude words?

and RATM said… yes of course we can, i mean the lyrics to our song are “fuck you i won’t do what you tell me” but on this occasion we will of course do as you’ve requested

having become xmas number 1 they performed a free concert in… finsbury park!

5 Likes