Which is how Balonz has been spending his time off

2 Likes

JESUS

she’s a full on totalitarian

2 Likes

She’s clearly evil but that’s a very impressive wingspan

3 Likes

4 Likes

It’s full on scary fascist police state stuff.

The Conservatives will also seek to regulate the kind of news that is posted online and how companies are paid for it. If elected, Theresa May will “take steps to protect the reliability and objectivity of information that is essential to our democracy” – and crack down on Facebook and Google to ensure that news companies get enough advertising money.

The fact this could benefit Murdoch and dacre while allowing the government to decide what is true is totally accidental of course.

2 Likes

4 Likes

probably totally accidental that the UK will no longer be subject to EU law on this either

probably

1 Like

more fuel for my May trying to actually lose the election conspiracy theory :wink:

2 Likes

I’m hoping so much that one is true!

yeah, this is the real play behind this.

1 Like

Aka the plot to the last season of South Park (where Mr Garrison/Trump keeps trying to lose the election but just gets more popular)

There’ll be a ‘secret recording’ of her putting a cat in a wheelie bin released next week

no way
lots of folks are scared of the internet

where’s that Douglas Adams slide…

6 Likes

I don’t think there’s anyone alive at the moment I hate more than Nick Ferrari.

Thing with this is, I actually agree that protecting people from harm is a good thing - the internet is full of malicious people pushing really nasty content in all directions all the time. I can’t disagree with the actual manifesto text about that at all, and that would be something I would welcome. But the fact is that something that’s supposed to protect children and make the internet safer for everyone won’t end up being that. It will quite obviously end up being a tool of state oppression.

And what about things that are invented between when you’re born and when you’re fifteen?

have been reading about the Utoya massacre the last couple of days, maybe a bit naive but i find it incredible how the alt-right/neo-nazi movement has grown in the years since. had forgotten how completely horrifying and unreal that was. children slaughtered for being liberals