Rolling Descent into Fascism Thread (no chat)

I’ve looked it up and ears is “space at the top of the front page on each side of the newspaper’s nameplate. Usually boxed in with weather news, index to pages or an announcement of special features.” and fudge is a fudge box - “newspaper space left blank for the insertion of last-minute items”

Oh look

From this

interviewing Kelvin MacKenzie

Protester who laughed at US Attorney General Jeff Session’s (politician with dodgy links to both Putin and the KKK) confirmation hearing faces a year in jail. Twice as long as Brock Turner got for raping someone.

Which is how Balonz has been spending his time off

JESUS

she’s a full on totalitarian

She’s clearly evil but that’s a very impressive wingspan

It’s full on scary fascist police state stuff.

The Conservatives will also seek to regulate the kind of news that is posted online and how companies are paid for it. If elected, Theresa May will “take steps to protect the reliability and objectivity of information that is essential to our democracy” – and crack down on Facebook and Google to ensure that news companies get enough advertising money.

The fact this could benefit Murdoch and dacre while allowing the government to decide what is true is totally accidental of course.

probably totally accidental that the UK will no longer be subject to EU law on this either

probably

more fuel for my May trying to actually lose the election conspiracy theory :wink:

I’m hoping so much that one is true!

yeah, this is the real play behind this.

Aka the plot to the last season of South Park (where Mr Garrison/Trump keeps trying to lose the election but just gets more popular)

There’ll be a ‘secret recording’ of her putting a cat in a wheelie bin released next week

no way
lots of folks are scared of the internet

where’s that Douglas Adams slide…

I don’t think there’s anyone alive at the moment I hate more than Nick Ferrari.

Thing with this is, I actually agree that protecting people from harm is a good thing - the internet is full of malicious people pushing really nasty content in all directions all the time. I can’t disagree with the actual manifesto text about that at all, and that would be something I would welcome. But the fact is that something that’s supposed to protect children and make the internet safer for everyone won’t end up being that. It will quite obviously end up being a tool of state oppression.