Rolling Descent into Fascism Thread [chat away]

Well
https://twitter.com/finestmarxman/status/896805795832004608

6 Likes

This is …I…gosh

Macron is hugely unpopular anyway but this labour law shit is breathtaking in its brutal indifference to the worker. Total piece of shit, but what do you expect when you elect anybody who’s ever worked in finance.

And it will drive the electorate to the right

1 Like

Yep, another case of a centrist softening up a population for fascism.

Also for any liberals who like capitalism but hate racism, what Macron wants to do will probably hit migrant and BME workers the hardest, especially women. They’re already fearful of joining unions or speaking out against their employer, by default they’ll think they just have to suck this up and make peace with the class enemy.

you think maybe shit has evolved now my dude? so it’s no longer as overtly fash as it was in the 30s, but more insidious cos the people living under it in a lot of places think they’re free? like there are lots of places where they’re ostensibly democracies but the behaviour of the state here and there is pretty fascist.

Polski Mates at work have been saying for a while it’s been going a bit that way for a while

wow, that’s even lower than I thought our government would go!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/899914758866051072

1 Like

On the plus-side, the replies to that tweet mostly seem to be people posting pictures of cats and dogs in blankets, so :+1: for that

1 Like

Thin end of a very dangerous wedge?

In its online article, since removed, the firm said that "family is fundamental. That’s why the sexual orientation of your children, directly responsible for the continuation of your family, is very important to you

Yeah fuck these guys.

i dont have time to link all the pieces but the sheer number of articles from mainstream outlets like the new yorker, NYT, time, guardian, etc, punching left WRT antifa is extremely scary and tbh it’s collaboration/enabling whether intentional or not.

3 Likes

This speech is equal parts hilarious and terrifying