Rolling EFL 2018/19 thread

Wanna cry

Your lot just fell apart after the first goal - it really couldā€™ve been five or six had Gillingham taken their chances.

First-half you played some really nice stuff, had plenty of clear-cut chances against a really shaky Gills defence and the goal wasnā€™t offside.

Not sure what you can do when the team just capitulates once it falls behind though.

1 Like

What a player that Carvalho from Forest is.

Best talent iā€™ve seen in the Championship for years.

Without voting for your own side, which three teams would you most like to see promoted?

• Sheff Utd
    • Leeds
    • Boro
    • West Brom
    • Derby
    • Forest
    • Swansea
    • Birmingham
    • QPR
    • Bristol City
    • Blackburn
    • Stoke
    • Wigan
    • Wednesday
    • Brentford
    • Villa
    • Millwall
    • Bolton
    • Preston
    • Rotherham
    • Reading
    • Hull
    • Ipswich
    • Norwich

0 voters

Shithoused by Kevin Ellison again.

Didnā€™t know he was still knocking about
well over 300 appearances for Morecambe after joining them aged 32 is pretty impressive

1 Like

Yeah. Plays the villain well and either scores or wins a penalty whenever he plays Newport. Always happy to speak to the home fans despite the stick he gets, whilst also fronting Half Man Half Biscuit.

1 Like

Yeah, he was shit today. Tends to disappear when the team sits back and heā€™s isolated. When they bother to commit men forward he looks brilliant. Heā€™s still young - Iā€™m convinced heā€™ll play at a high level.

Was it actually a hand ball? I thought it hit his knee. Either way, itā€™s no more than they deserved for sitting so deep and using the ball so poorly when they had the chance to counter. Leeds huffed and puffed but didnā€™t create a great deal, it seems to have been this way the last couple of times Iā€™ve seen them. Iā€™d love them to go up mind.

Must admit I thought it hit at least a combination of his knee and arm but replays show it clear hit just his arm. One of those really, the wrong decision but a cross at that speed, his bloody flung at it. Donā€™t blame the referee or linesman really, a bit like the penalty that went against us at Brentford

1 Like

I think this is turning into a pretty low quality Championship, but even by its standards itā€™s fucking ridiculously tight.

1 Like

Darren Bent just said ā€˜to be fairā€™ three times in one sentence.

2 Likes

I know most people think Dave Whelanā€™s a bellend, but when you think about it what heā€™s done thereā€™s bloody insane, eh? Took them from the Third Division to the Premier League, from a rundown Springfield Park to a new stadium, and won the bloody FA Cup. Fair play, weird man.

Broke his leg in the FA cup didnt he?

Steel City derby or FA Cup for your viewing tonight?

• Great city, great league is the Champo, easy choice gaffer
  • Imagine not watching the brave famous cup competition

0 voters

Nothing against either club, but the third city derbyā€™s such a grim fixture. Love Villa Park, obviously, and generally find their fans well-humoured and realistic (sort of like City supporters were for many years), but they tend to be low-scoring and low quality affairs.

Oh, Glen Whelanā€™s playingā€¦

1 Like

Good prediction

1 Like

Iā€™m still bashing the bookies, bud!

1 Like

Fourth best side in the country for me, Leeds. What a game. Leeds should have had six or seven.

41,000 as well, fair play.

That young lad on the left wing who looks like Michael Johnson wonā€™t be playing in the second tier for long.

2 Likes

Forest are on the verge of giving Karanka the boot. I can sort of see why - drab and uninspiring at home, coughing up leads - but it seems pretty foolish. We are still within touching distance of the playoffs. Our away record is the best weā€™ve ever had since returning to the Championship, it isnā€™t all bad!

As usual thereā€™s a frankly shocking list of likely replacements, mostly ex Forest players and proper football men. Howeverā€¦ thereā€™s also a few interesting ones, including Jardim (?!) and Jokanovic. Either of them would certainly be fun.

Weird. A few disappointing results recently but letting a manager sign 25 players over two windows and then booting him when achieving your realistic target (play offs) is still more than possible is poor.

2 Likes