Rolling EFL 2018/19 thread

Think it’s the performances, too. We’ve been shite at home all season, barring maybe three matches. We’ve not looked convincing in pretty much every home match.

But, yeah, totally daft to sack him now.

Despite the fact yous went 3-0 up against us youbwerent actually very good against us so I can kinda see why

Standard away performance, periods where we moved the ball nicely and hit on the break, but spent so much time with ten behind the ball. The trouble with spending so much time in your own box is that it’s inevitable that the opponents are going to have chances. Which you certainly did! It’ll work against most teams away from home, but against decent opposition we are eventually going to take an absolute pasting.

Must have been a great game to see in person. Could have been 10-5 to you. I was impressed (again) by how well your fullbacks played and how well you pressed. If Leeds and Norwich went up I’d be very happy.

1 Like

Off over to Norwich in an hour or so. You going @Severed799 ? Can see us getting a pasting to be quite tbqh. Norfolk in chance

Really need a win today against Burton (A). If we lose then Derek Adams has to go. Can’t see how his position is still in any way tenable even if we do win tbh. @shrewbie who’ve your lads got today?

we’re going to lose away to Birmingham today, and as I dislike Birmingham a great deal this is going to be very annoying, doubly so if any of their multiple ex-Brentford players score. which they will.

We are @rochdale, forms turned around to such an extent that I’m actually expecting us to get something. Should have got a point at sundyland but had a shot that crossed the line not given

1 Like

Tell me, what’s that like? I think we’re sunk already really, keep losing to the other teams at the bottom, and our defence is just a joke.

Back in the big smoke now but will be at our new year’s game against brentford

2 Likes

We’re nowhere near out of it but think if we manage to keep hold of Payne & O’ Brien on loan from Hudds then we’ll end up staying up comfortably, since the Rahic misery has been lifted we’ve looked really good and have scored 17 in 6

Massive game for you guys on Tuesday now

1 Like

4-3 in the 93rd minute :grin:

1 Like

I feel this result would particularly annoy Forest fans

1 Like

Brentford didn’t lose AND we got our first clean sheet away from home all season. what a time to be alive.

three home games back to back now, probably going to lose them all

Nah, if you can’t laugh at that then you’re a weirdo.

1 Like

Yeah I’m dreading it really. They lost to Rovers yesterday but have beaten us twice already this season and it’s all set up for them to do it again. Seems like when anything remotely hopeful happens we immediately go back to losing the next game. I’d really love to give them up but it’s been about 27 years, can’t just switch it off now!

What a fucking ridiculous, brilliant league.

Best in the world by a mile.

2 Likes

Hopkin deserves a big fat medal from turning bradford from the worst side in the county to this

Great man, great dinner lady
gutted our next game isn’t for 11 days

Yeah, same. Just as we find something even resembling our stride, in comes the fucking cup to ruin things.

I think I may have posted something about this at the start of the season but he’s such a nice bloke so here’s an updated version ahead of the weekend’s FA Cup action.