Rolling EFL 2018/19 thread

Alan Judge has gone to Ipswich :cry:

scored the goal to get up promoted to the Championship, key player in our first season in the Championship when we got to the playoffs, bossed the next season and would have got a move to a Premier League team if some Ipswich dickhead hadnā€™t broken his leg and put him out for a couple of years (tbh Iā€™m amazed heā€™s gone there, if Iā€™d had my career ruined at a ground I wouldnā€™t move there permanently).

not been great since he came back but scored at Arsenal which was ace, probably wants to play and wasnā€™t going to be first choice for us now

:frowning:

Heā€™ll be welcomed with open arms by us. Like the 3rd time weā€™ve tried to sign him I think. Little Luke Hyam, whose poor tackle scuppered his leg, has moved on from the club.

Starting to feel like all hope isnā€™t lost for town. But it probably is

yeah I heard that Hyam had gone. McCarthy was a bit of a dick about the whole thing iirc and heā€™s gone too. probably helps. heā€™s not the same player he was before the injury though, definitely lost something but his set pieces are still good.

hope he does well

1 Like

bradford have resigned billy clarke <3 fans are grumbling cos we havenā€™t brought in a targetman but Iā€™m chuffed, missed loads of sitters for us but was a lovely player to watch and clearly likes the club

also @noahvale is jacob butterfield any good?

He hasnā€™t had a sniff under Lampard, and very few starts under Rowett so not played first team for getting on 2 years. He became a bit of a whipping boy for the fans so very few here are sad to see him go. That said, he is a pretty decent midfielder who will get a few goals too. League One should suit him

1 Like

Norwich put on a pressing clinic tonight - that was some performance.

2 Likes

Forest were shite today but couldā€™ve easily 4 or 5 with a more composure in front of goal. Grabban was excellent, everything seemed to stick to him. Obviously take him off pens though, I think thatā€™s 4 misses this year - yikes. MON seems to think Watson should be starting, which is frankly astonishing given the evidence.

I thought Brentford were unlucky, but the two centre backs were easily bullied, a real weak link in an excellent team. Everything Forest created was off the back of weak centre back play, hopeful punts forward causing far too much trouble.

FArkeball! Hoping for an utter demolition of Ipshit the morra, work on that sweet sweet goal difference

Any news on what happened to Jack Clarke?

Heā€™s been discharged and is apparently ok. But it was a pretty worrying turn, had to be treated with oxygen etc. Bielsa went straight off to visit him at hospital yesterday

Itā€™s painful as a neutral watching a team like Ipswich who are so crap but also woefully out of luck. Pennington might be one of the worst centre-halves at Championship level - looks like a fish up a tree.

1 Like

these things go hand in hand though innit when yr so lacking in confidence like they are things are more likely to go against you

FWIW we werenā€™t even that good yesterday, we just took our chances when they came, a better team would have punished us (and have at times this season)

@anon19035908 whoever loses gives a tenner to refugee action, draw and a fiver each?

2 Likes

Brilliant idea Shrewbs, youā€™re on!

1 Like

Could be a good idea in this actually to get more people involved in for next season maybe. Iā€™ll have a think.

OOFT gerrim in the first team!

1 Like

For the first time in years, Iā€™m genuinely concerned that F*rest might actually stand a chance of properly beating us on Monday night

Finding League One quite funny this season in that everyone from 8th down is complete dross.

:fu::fu::fu:

Donā€™t worry, we are still shite!

Iā€™d expect this from the oilboiler fans, not you :smile:

1 Like