Rolling FPL Thread (League Code: defioq)

What’s your overall rank? Seems like you’re having the season I had last season, felt I was making the right decisions but everything went to shit. Then I decided to do what you’ve just said and take risks and go a bit wild, and that did not help.

GW11 to GW25:

The most annoying thing is that I feel I have good players. Every transfer I make also seems to coincide with that player going out of form. Butchered my team to get Salah in 3 weeks ago and have been rewarded with two blanks. V frustrating.

That’s entirely recoverable. I finished 12,000th one year and was 200,000th around this point of the season. If you’ve dropped 70,000 places in five weeks then you can reverse it in five weeks too.

Also 155,000 is still in the top 5% of the whole game. It’s still very good.

1 Like

Click on the picture Jukey

3 Likes

Solidarity with you for captain Sané

Most others in my league captained Aguero too.

lmao. Well… my point still remains. There’s still 12 weeks left, you can still finish in the top 100k I reckon.

Have been looking at this to decide my BGW, DGW planning:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/821445866900824064

Given that I have all my chips still, I think the best order of business is:

BGW 31 - Work towards this only using free transfers. Field small team.
DGW 32 - Triple Captain
BGW 33 - Free Hit
GW 34 - Wildcard
GW 35 - Bench Boost

I think a lot of people get a bit stupid during the dgw and get in players who might not outscore over 2 games what the best players score in 1. Also sell those they’ve built value in and then can’t afford them back at the tail end of the season.

The biggest question for me to work out now is who is demonstrating a bit of value for GW31. Already got 3 Liverpool and will be getting in Pereira and maybe Maddison or a Bournemouth mid. That + Balbuena (he has been weighing down my 3rd bench spot) gives me 6 players. That’ll probably be enough for me Clive.

I agree. Seen people destroy their season end chasing points from transferring in defenders from teams who haven’t kept a clean sheet all season, just because they have two games. I had one blinding DGW 3 years or so ago, none since.

Used my triple captain on Aguero this week so just got the two chips and Wildcard left. Will likely play them the same weeks as you.

Rashford being rested apparently

could still do damage from the bench against Fulham so I’ll leave him in the starting line-up I think

1 Like

Likewise. Just rolled the dice shipping aguero out for laca.

Rashford has 87.7% ownership in the top 10k (largely a good mirror of active teams) - shouldn’t have much of an effect tbh

Kolasinac OG in the dying seconds swinging him from 11 points to 2, lovely, thanks friend

2 Likes

Pogba is challenging Salah as every week captain material

1 Like

The one thing that I always feel I balls up with DGWs is leaving the Wildcard very last minute, but by that point teams are safe, resting players for other competitions or putting players they don’t want in the shop window. There may be something to be said for doing the Wildcard for the earlier set of double fixtures.

Looks like City dont register for the next game week

Really glad i dropped aguero

Honestly. Can we just ban all City players from FPL?

1 Like

I’m pleased I kept Aguero and Sterling out of sheet indecision now

Pretty mad that it’s taken 27 weeks this season for a player to win Highest score of the week for the second time.

Sterling is the guy to do it after 26 weeks of consecutively being won by a different player, including some crackers like King, Rice and Shlaar.