Rolling FPL Thread (League Code: defioq)

I’ll have a King Shlaar and Rice please.

Having one of those weeks where I keep looking at my points and sitting there like this :heart_eyes:

Should be in the top 20k after Doherty and Raul play tomorrow. Having a charmed existence right now. It’ll never last.

1 Like

I just snuck into the top 5,000 with 6 bench points and Doherty / Jimenez to play, after falling about 40,000 spots over Christmas. Wish the season ended next week.

Got my usual opportunity to cock up some blanks and DGWs soon to return me to normality.

1 Like

Interesting listen on Fantasy Football Scout Podcast this week about the effect this sideshow has on your mental health and general enjoyment of life and football. Worth a listen.

Think I’ll bail on FF after this year, it’s ruining my liking of just watching football and meaning I refresh my phone all weekend.

I’m far too deep to get out now.

Top 5,000, nice! I’ve finished just outside the top 10k before but I’ve never been this high at this stage, normally I have a barnstorming last 6-8 weeks and finish respectably. Didn’t happen last year, mind.

1 Like

Rethinking this now, given the FA Cup results:

New strategy:

GW 30: Wildcard
GW 31: Freehit
GW 32: Bench Boost
GW 33: Field small team if necessary
GW 35: Triple Captain (Pogba mebbe)

Really struggling with my captaincy this week. It’s tricky, I feel like it is going to be a terrible week, especially as 5 of my 11 are in the Man Utd vs. Liverpool match.

Got it on Son at the minute but really, really tempted by F Anderson, but probably won’t have the balls to do it.

Who are you going for?

• Salah
  • Pogba
  • Aubameyang
  • Son
  • F Anderson
  • Mane
  • Other

0 voters

Probably Salah or Anderson as I don’t own any Arsenal or Son. Could be a non event of a GW this if Auba gets rotated and Spurs limp through against an improving Burnley or potentially one where I lose 40 points by that decision to not ruin my team for just one week.

1 Like

Wan-Bissake has been ruled out of the leicester match by Hodgson, hamstring injury.

I’ve taken him out for Peireira. Had AWB since week 1, end of an era :frowning:

also remember the deadline is tonight!

1 Like

Ooft. Thanks

So glad I triple captained Delofeu

1 Like

11 from 6 so far, including my captain. Uh oh.

Think that’ll be fairly standard.

Resisted the urge to rip up my side as I fancied Burnley to do well and I wouldn’t want Auba for more than one week. Wish I’d almost not bothered even getting F.Anderson in either…

• Higuain in for rashford (building for gw 31 in mind)
  • Aguero in for lacazette (strike whilst the iron is hot and pray he’s not rested)

0 voters

you’re gonna want Kun for the next three games. I’d switch to Higuian after.

1 Like

Think I agree. Also tempted to bring in vardy soon. Reckon he’ll do well under Brendan.

Depends how many you’ve already got for 31 imo

Already got 9

Ooft yeah definitely Aguero

Was this close to bringing in Sigurdsson for Anderson, but chose bloody Richarlison instead because he was cheaper, didn’t I. Never trust a Watford regen…

2 Likes