Rolling FPL Thread (League Code: defioq)

I’m already thinking about my team too much

This. I’ll tinker with it several hundred times between now and the start of the season. And then spend the rest of the season wishing I’d stuck with my original choices.

Exactly.

First thing I did when coming on my break at work was see how much Hernandez and Zouma were on Fantasy Football

1 Like

Draft leagues have opened. I have set up a DiS league, evocatively named DiS Draft League 1. The code is 7119-2731, maximum 8 teams so it’s first come first served.

The draft will be on Monday 7th August at 9pm, because that’s when I can do it. If you join it would be best if you can be there at that time, or be prepared to get whatever it gives you. You can set up lists though, by the look of it, to draft for you.

Here: https://draft.premierleague.com , then Start, then Join a League.

This should be really fun! I’ve never played a draft game before so I’ll be reading up extensively.

It’s great, played my own version for years and you get really attached to your players. Only downside is you start to really hate everyone else’s, and seeing as that’s most of the league…

1 Like

Quick bump for a Monday morning. Get yer draftin ere! Larvely fresh draft leagues! 2 pahnd a pahnd, ah’m cattin me own froat ere.

In. Love a draft.

I like to think I’ve learned some lessons after last seasons fall from grace but that’s almost certainly not true. Here’s to another year of boom and bust.

best names on dis league so far:

Welldonehes13
Rojo’s Modern Life
Rick Ross County
KFC
Schurrle,Interrupted

Poor names:

all the Knockaert names
Antchester United (fucking Tony, eh)

Quite enjoyed AyewBlindFerFuchsAke

3 Likes

Seems a bit early but I suppose I could knock something up

FC Citizens Arrest is all kitted out with no-one to arrest

1 Like

He’ll very rarely play, especially if we get VVD/someone else. I’d put Lovren, Matip and Gomez ahead of him in the pecking order.

I have joined the league.

As usual, my team looks absolutely mint but will inevitably be shite.

Complete pot luck really isn’t it, and I feel like it’s cheating slightly swapping too many of your original choices out unless they become injured. I just generally go by the general philosophies of splashing a lot of the cash on strikers, include as many Welsh players as possible, and avoid all Man Utd players at all times.

1 Like

Obviously it’d ruin it for a lot of people, but I’d massively prefer it if you could only make any transfers at Christmas. More would rest on your original pick, and you’d be more invested in individuals.

1 Like

Ten or so years ago, I used to play the metro game. You could only make one transfer a month. I came 33rd one year!!

IN!

Which leaves three places left…

I’ll play.