Rolling Fantasy Football thread

Likely Penalty Takers - 1st, 2nd, 3rd most likely

Arsenal - Aubameyang / Ozil / Lacazette
Bournemouth - Defoe / King / Wilson
Brighton - Gross / Murray / Hemed
Burnley - Barnes / Wood / Vokes
Cardiff - Ralls / Reid / Hoilett
Chelsea - Hazard / Willian / Fabregas
Palace - Milivojevic / Benteke / Zaha(??)
Everton - Sigurdsson / Baines / Tosun
Fulham - Cairney / Mitrovic / Seri
Huddersfield - Mooy / Van La Parra / Lowe
Leicester - Vardy / Albrighton / Maddison
Liverpool - Firmino / Milner / Fabinho
Man City - Aguero / Mahrez / De Bruyne
Man Utd - Sanchez / Pogba / Lukaku
Newcastle - Ritchie / Joselu / Rondon
Southampton - Austin / Bertrand / Gabbiadini
Spurs - Kane / Alli? / Eriksen?
Watford - Deeney / Cleverley / Deulofeu
West Ham - Noble / Arnautovic / Hernandez
Wolves - Neves / Jota / Costa

Compiled from last seasons penalty stats and here.

Any disagreements?

Defense wasn’t great last year, only 14 clean sheets out of 46, and Fredericks was the only one who got forward a lot. Hard to say what our first choice back 4 will be, too. I’ve got Tim Ream in my team but not sure there’s any real value in any of our defense

in the league defoe only made 11 starts last year (13 apps as a sub) and got 4 goals so i can’t see many people bothering with him on the basis of him being first choice for pens

Yeah, that’s fair. King took two of the three penalties Bournemouth were awarded (and scored both).

Arsenal: Lacazette > Ozil
Liverpool: anyone’s guess. Fabinho took one a couple of days ago (and missed). Mane been taking them in pre-season. Salah was taking them when he was going for the record

Liverpool are tricky to call. There’s a load who might claim it but equally, I’m not sure Klopp’s that fussed about picking one player - hence multiple takers in pre-season. The boys on LFC TV were bigging up Fabinho’s penalty prowess during the game and then he stepped up and put it low and wide - not by much, mind.

Athelico Lin Marlow are in, although haven’t really watched football / done a fantasy league in about 5 years I reckon so this could be interesting.

Last year Cabaye would have been one of the three penalty takers. Now i’d probably say third choice would be James McArthur.

What do you reckon?

Ederson

Robertson / Shaw / Benalouane / Tomkins

Salah / Sane / Richarlison / Jota

Kane / Fimino

(Fabianski, Wan Bissaka, Stephens, Kamara)

I’m aware Kane might not start, in which case I’ll be bringing in Aguero until Kane is back… thoughts appreciated!

Might be a bit late for Rondon, but Newcastle won’t score against Spurs so don’t bother.

Can we pre-emptively assume I replaced the words ‘against Spurs’ with ‘ever’?

Dis Prem league prediction league.

Join DIS League, my #PremierLeague predictor league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

https://www.superbru.com/premierleague_predictor/pool.php?p=11900486

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

hazydent

last call for the DiS League. Looks like we’ve got big #numbers this year: code is 729309-242691

Not great to be honest.

what would you change?

midfield and defence are strong imo, strikers i’m going cheap and i’m ok with that

r9 don’t h9

Your defence is very strong. Although Lascelles is dodgy as Newcastle have an awful set of games to begin with. I wouldn’t have Silva. I would say you need one big player such as Salah, Kane, Aguero. The strikers you have are good and will get goals but not on the level of those I mentioned.

i don’t have Lascelles…

Hazard could score a bucket load

Sorry. I was looking at the one below yours. Ignore me.

If you’re talking about mine, I have Kane and don’t have Silva.