Rolling Film Score Thread

Think this has been mentioned in other threads but anyway Mica Levi has a soundtrack for a film called Monos coming out at the end of the month. Film looks intriguing - Monos (2019) - IMDb

That and Chernobyl both getting Vinyl releases at the start of September as well.

4 Likes

Bit random this as it is in no way new but I discovered this soundtrack recently and it absolutely blew my mind.

Looks like it’s going to be a typical Giallo soundtrack conforming to one of the Morricone templates but it’s unlike anything I’ve heard from this time/genre.

Basically a drone album with vocal elements that are reminiscent of Meredith Monk or maybe Joan LaBarbara. It’s just stunning.

I don’t know anything about Vittorio Gelmetti but Nora Orlando was a vocalist who worked as Moriccone’s Choral arranger as well as making some fantastic soundtracks of her own but this is the most distinctive work I’ve heard.

5 Likes

The Joker score is brilliant

1 Like
1 Like

this is why I visit this site!

incredible record - than you so much for the recommendation :pray:

2 Likes

3??? All right, all right.

Ace! Really glad you like it.

1 Like
1 Like

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/daniel-isnt-real-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1484795693

bit obsessed with this of late:

1 Like
1 Like

https://mailchi.mp/bleep/forest-swords-the-machine-air-original-film-soundtrack-dense-truth-just-announced?e=1aa99aca60

1 Like

Properly brilliant this.

4 Likes

Yeah this is excellent.

It’s really cool to see him following Oneohtrix/Ben Frost/etc and getting into film scores finally and it actually feels like a great standalone record in its own right. Just chucked him a few quid for it on Bandcamp and might grab the vinyl.

Haven’t actually heard his other stuff. Not sure why.

Listened through on bandcamp and then ordered the vinyl!

I knew the Shostakovich piece and always quite liked that Plan B track, but fuck me I’d not heard the German one and now Plan B basically did very little, didn’t he? Explains why I don’t like anything else by him.

Oh wow, he’s had two amazing studio/non-soundtrack albums out before this and is great live too. Dig in!