Rolling sports betting thread

It’s always fucking Portsmouth.

1 Like

Liverpool being 2/1 for a home game seems very long

being allowed to cash out this for a decent profit when it’s still October is insane

any objections to turning this in to a rolling sports betting thread?

Don’t want to clog the football thread up with betting chat. Got a couple of bets still up. Unsure what to do, both riding on Arsenal winning, so could end up with nowt if they draw or lose.

• £10 Brentford, Liverpool, Arsenal treble. Would return £250, current cashout is £143.

• £5 Brentford (draw or better), Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, United (draw or better). Would return £300, current cashout £123.

• Cash out both
  • Cash out the treble, play the five-fold through
  • Cash out the five-fold, play the treble through
  • Play both

0 voters

Did okay this weekend in the end. Allow myself about £30 a weekend and have been about breaking even. Keep a spreadsheet of annual P&L and it was showing as a fiver up for the year, which for a hobby isn’t too bad. Tend to have the occasional big win, then regular small losses.

This weekend I fancied a bit of a punt on Brentford because Toney had been left out of the WC squad, and because I just thought the last weekend might throw up the odd surprise result, and couldn’t really see that being Southampton or Wolves, so was split betwen Leeds and Brentford. Had £12.50 on the latter at a pretty ridiculous 19/1 which paid out £250, which was nice.

Put them on a £10 treble with Liverpool and Arsenal as well, as mentioned above. Then had those three on a £5 five-fold with United and Leicester, which would have paid out £250 and £300, respectively. Couldn’t afford to write off £550 if something out of the ordinary happened at Wolves, so cashed in the treble for £145 and let the five-fold ride.

Don’t like cashouts as the bookie wins, but after Arsenal won I cashed the five-fold out for £205, logic being that you wouldn’t bet that on United in a one-off game away from home, as much as I think they’ll win.

Had a £15 safety bet on Pakistan in the cricket after the first innings, so ended up £585 in profit, which I’m pretty chuffed about. Guess some betters would have played those two through, but with bills being what they are and the COLC etc, that’ll come in handy, so quit whilst you’re ahead I say.

Bit of time off now for the World Cup.

@moderators @Aggpass

Any chance we could change the title of this thread to something like ‘Rolling sports betting thread (SSP)’?

Could we link to this gambling issues thread in the OP as well (no worries if not, people might see it here)…

Be good if people who do like a flutter had a thread where they can chat, but would also be good to keep betting chat out of the main sports threads as it’s not for everyone, and does come with plenty of baggage and etc.

1 Like

Updated

1 Like

I put a fiver on Preston getting promoted and I have absolutely no recollection of doing so. It was a bit after midnight, first weekend of September. I can see that Preston lost that day and they weren’t mentioned in the DiS football thread until 10 days later.

Any idea what I was doing?

Weird but glad I’m very comfortable with my betting habits, cos if I was spending a lot this would be proper unnerving.

Bet365 does a good thing where you reveal a game a day and if there’s 4+ goals in it you get free bets. Don’t need to pay to play, got £7.50 in bet credits from it last week.

They’ve been breaking the metrics from what I understand. Had a couple of more higher scoring games recently, but on the whole they’ve been conceding very few and scoring hardly any, or something like that.

Worth a punt. They’ve got to come up at some point. Virtually everyone else in that league has.

1 Like

Before it all kicks off, I usually do a tenner 4-acca league winners bet. This thread reminded me I’d done it. City - Norwich - Peterborough - Bradford.

2nd - 5th - 4th - 4th.

Wish me luck.

923/1

1 Like

I don’t like Arsenal and I do like @Severed799 and @shrewbie so I hope this comes off for you

2 Likes

5th, is it

1 Like

Think I’m going to chuck the entire sky bet account on a Qatar win today. 5/2, no host has ever lost their opening world cup game, climate, prep time, bribed refs, Ecuador not being very good. Feels too tempting to miss

1 Like

Going to try and take it easy over the World Cup, but always have a couple of small outsider bets on winner/top scorer and surprise group winners at a tournament, so…

Me and my brother have put £50 each on this. Have never put nearly this much on a bet and won’t be making a habit of it, but feel like its destined.

Obviously the overall winner is dependent on loads of random luck and probably at least one shootout, but I like the top scorer side a lot.

Think Saudi Arabia are the only full on whipping boy in this tournament and as Kane showed last time that can be massive in a golden boot race

1 Like

Michael Smith has reached another major final

Gonna put the house on him losing again.

By which I mean £1 along with 0-0 in the opening world cup game

I had a punt on Depay Golden Boot (plus doubled with Brazil or Argentina wins), think it could go either way with the Netherlands but hoping Louis’ last dance + Qatar’s keeper might mean it’s in with a shout.