Rolling Football Podcast Spin-off thread

Marcus - host, doesn’t have one team but a soft spot for many teams (plus Sven), easily over-excited, Christian

Pete - Newcastle supporter from Hartlepool. Most obviously left wing/liberal. Has some decent footballing opinions…but most of his role is dedicated to him being incompetent/deviant.

Anyone going with that peter crouch podcast? It would be easy to get annoyed by but I’ve tried to just ignore that and have actually enjoyed it a bit. Not sure it has legs tho, latest episode wore thin.

If there’s one thing crouchy has in abundance, it’s legs

Like Crouch a lot. Think he comes across really well, smart lad, quite self-depricating, etc, etc. Struggle a bit with the hosts, though.

Hayley McQueen’s good, eh.

Melissa Rudd was really good as guest host on fw on Monday. More of her as host/guest please. Would be good to do a couple of episodes binning off Wilson and glendenning and having rudd, Lawrence, oatley and ramesh in

Julien Laurens, Carl Anka and Duncan Alexander on one pod, ffs. Had to turn it off. Annoying matter-of-fact smugness.

Yeah agree with that, in isolation they’re all ok (maybe not Laurens…if you need french input it should always be Philippe Auclair) but all together the tone of the show was very “well, obviously!”

Having said that…really struggling with FW’s persistence with Glendenning now. Making him regular was a mistake…I used to kind of enjoy him, but it’s a big risk to put someone who never sounds arsed on every episode, it just wears thin. Plus getting him to read out results is just completely pointless.

For that reason, I’m more likely to download TF these days…though hopefully with a better panel than yesterday.

Also…anybody have an idea why Iain Mackintosh has pretty much disappeared?

Assumed the tfs would be shilling an American show before long when they started shoehorning MLS chat into the regular one

Cracks me up how a couple of the lads on the TFS are trying to outdo eachother with properly anal pronounciations of player names.

More vindication than a vineyard in a place called Cation

This new Danny Baker and Gary Lineker one’s quite enjoyable. Just the two of them answering silly and vaguely football-related listener questions. Might not be your thing if you’re not a Baker fan, like…

who doesn’t like danny baker? absolute wronguns is who.