Rolling Football Podcast Spin-off thread

Just listened to this having never listened to the Ramble before but, this Luke guy is an absolute fucking bell. Shut the fuck up flower.

2 Likes

Dunno why I even bother pressing play on the FW european-focused shows. Lowe and Bandini are insufferably boring.

Different strokes I guess. Not even hugely interested in La Liga or Serie A but really been enjoying the European episodes - could listen to Sid Lowe in particular for hours, and Bandini is good too imo.

3 Likes

Very much a fan of Sid and Nicky even though I really don’t give a shit about either league. Sid could make a lot of very boring subjects sound interesting.

3 Likes

I’m probably wrong about this then. I’ll give it another go. I think it’s because I give zero fucks about real / juve so I mentally tune out while they’re wittering on, interesting as it may be.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I fucking hate Real and Juve (and Ronaldo) so I do tune out for those. When they talk about anything else they are worth listening to though.

I think the problem is they’re always just asked to talk about the same shit that hasn’t really changed in the last year. You could say Real have turned more reliable in the last few months but that also happens at the end of every season.

2 Likes

I listened to the Ramble for the first time today. I don’t get it. What point does it serve? It’s just sounds like the same old stuff from a different set of people.

It’s just some lads having an amicable chat about the footie man. Either you’re into that concept or you aren’t.

I did think in the car listening to it “this probably isn’t for me really,” but maybe I was looking for something more. It’s all very one-note that’s all.

Kate mason is miles better than Marcus

Kate, Vish, Jim and Brassell every week would be the best football podcast about, as much as I like Peter and Marcus’s shabs.

2 Likes

Still think Stadio with Musa Okwonga and Ryan Hunn is the best new pod. Really nice, laid back, wholesome vibe.

Have a look for something called Stadio Sessions on Spotify. Basically a two-hour music mix they do every now and again on a Friday night. Done one on African music, one on South American, 80s, there was a really decent guitar-based set. Something different anyway.

1 Like

Absolutely love Vish, his Twitter on the cricket is great as well as his guests on the grade cricketer pod (ramble for cricket but really funny). Suits the schtick of the ramble perfectly

1 Like

Would love to see Lars gone completely from FW. An absolute pointless waste of air time.

2 Likes

On today’s episode the ad after that was two ladies talking about their fannies. Gruesome two minutes to listen to when you’re trying to make dinner.

Not having that anyone needs to spend ÂŁ14.99 to trim their pubes.

Just use the big orange scissors out of the kitchen drawer and give them the once over with an antibac wipe.

3 Likes

Every podcast I listen to is hawking these this week

Probably gonna give em a try

The Athletic podcasts have been at it for a while. Hearing Chapman slinging them is genuinely unsettling.

Does anyone else listen to Set Piece Menu?

It isn’t bad and it kills an hour in a morning but, everytime they talk about lower league teams they start by getting the point and then due to what I suspect is the people on it not being lower league fans missing it completely. Genuinely annoying and fascinating at the same time.