Rolling Gary Neville thread

Bodies John Terry AND the monarchy in one tweet

10 Likes

John Terry’s tweet was also a dig at Marcus Rashford too, so fuck him.

Hadn’t thought of it in that way. Thought that Terry was waiting for someone to say that he should also be in that list

1 Like

I like that Terry thinks Rashford’s recognition is for ‘being the best footballer’ so anyone better at football should be above him.

3 Likes

Almost got rid of the Abercromby and still unsure about this

Nicky Butt

• The BEST of the BEST EVER
  • Alright

0 voters

Does everyone love gary neville or something?

Even though he’s a landlord/unsynpathetic gentrifier in bed with foreign property investors (though has admittedly been a good poster boy for them) Found it hard to not be sceptical that he’s not just doing good PR as “one of us”

11 Likes

Hit the nail on the head

1 Like

Shameless link to my own piece (not so keen on the direction I was edited into though with the title for example)

Don’t trash Manchester’s history to make way for skyscrapers | Hayley Flynn | The Guardian

5 Likes

Feel pretty pleased I’ve contributed to a football thread.

One day I’ll bring out my David Seaman anecdote, and then I can retire from my sports coverage position.

6 Likes

love how much reflected glory nicky butt gets purely from being roughly the same age as david beckham

2 Likes

cwbaft!

3 Likes

Forgot about Giggs being involved. Got on with this quicker than the Fire Station only took them what feels like 10 years,

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: a good tinder tagline

Definitely fair to point this out you don’t need to feel you have to hide it or something.

Just like a bit of mystery before revealing I’m banging on about the same stuff I always do :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll bite - please tell us your David Seaman anecdote.

Sorry, I can only discuss one footballer per year. Seaman in 2023.

3 Likes

#seaman2023

4 Likes

Love that John Terry clearly has no idea what the award is for but is angry that he hasn’t got one regardless.

3 Likes