Rolling Heavy Music 2017

How nasty and menacing is the title track of YFM! Fucking slays me every time

1 Like

Picked up the Lower Slaughter album this week, really liking it. Singers voice is so great.

They used to. But the venue has increased in size since then. It won’t sell out until a month or so before the festival, and there’s always people selling tickets close to the festival.

Went in 2012. Absolutely the best time. Highly recommend it to anyone. Keeping an eye on it, see if it can tempt me back across the Atlantic.

1 Like

Vinyl edition kickstarter/preorder

1 Like

Hey @Severed799 are you involved in the new Maths shows?

I’m not! They’re just a theee piece these days, Matt runs his guitar through both a guitar and bass amp and Zen plays synths now. It would be fun but never been asked :wink:

Shit I’d love to see that record in full. In Her Shadow would be amazing

can’t remember the last time i heard about a band who didn’t do this

True but were they skramz?

Basically bass guitars are dead

1 Like

Spotlights released one of my albums of the year last year and somehow are releasing another one this year.
They’re a mix of shoegaze and sluge metal and can do a good line of pretty and brutal in the same song.
It’s released on Mike Patton’s Ipecac Records and produced by Arron Turner (of Isis).
Hopefully this’ll make them huge.

2 Likes

I know it’s been mentioned upthread but I’m really enjoying Ex Eye at the moment.

2 Likes

The new Dawn Ray’d album is out, it’s really good but I’m not sure about the two tracks with clean vocals. I have no issue with clean vocals if you’ve got a decent singing voice but this guy hasn’t unfortunately, imo he should stick to the growling.

1 Like

That last Spotlights album unfortunately got filed under ‘records I’ve listened to once, thought “man that’s awesome!” and then somehow immediately forgot about’ for me. Really need to rectify that.

1 Like

i like it but feel like it’s not as good as the EP. don’t mind the inclusion of clean vocals at all but they aren’t super well performed…

Powerful stuff

Really digging this.

The Faceless - “In Becoming a Ghost” coming out December 1st.

1 of the tracks (released a couple of years ago)

What does everyone think of the new Bronx album then? I think it’s an absolute beast; some absolute bangers on it - Night Drop, Stranger Danger, Fill The Tanks, Two Birds, Sore Throat = winner.

I love how consistently brilliant they are :smiley:

this is an amazing album

Like the tracks Ive heard so far. Will have to give it a proper listen. Its Aaron Harris (drummer of Isis) that produced it tho.

1 Like