Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2018

nah, Try Me. did quite like it tbf

OK def do Heaven is Earth then. I love Try Me but HiE is better in pretty much every way

Also, here’s a playlist of stuff from their various releases i did for that other thread. Generally think they are a very rewarding (and underrated) band:

Will have a listen, cheers!

1 Like

Loved the Swell EP from a couple years back

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

One more rather excellent atmospheric black metal album for today. :metal:

FUCK! New Sleep album to be released tomorrow, apparently.

6 Likes

this is good - I like it

1 Like

Finally

Ah, man, this is SO GOOD!!
Another band I’ve never heard of!

1 Like

Yeah, right! other than their absolute classic below, think this new song might be their best yet, so looking forward to whatever they’ve got next:

Oh yes!! Happy 420 folks!

1 Like

Marijuanaut’s Theme starting with the sound of a bong hit :smiley:

1 Like

Surprise new Cancer Bats album out today

1 Like

Yes, that made me smile! Really enjoyed my first listen, some fantastic riffage going on in there!

1 Like

I believe this track takes the number of stoner/doom songs that start with a bong hit into 6 digits.

I’m not expecting much more from this than a generic bit of riffage to cash in on the stoner vinyl boom tbh. Much more excited for the new Yob record.

:smiley: i refuse to be this cynical about the first sleep album in nearly 2 decades. sounds great to me!

1 Like

Alright, after listening to it I’m forced to eat crow and admit they’ve pulled a solid barrage of riffery out of the bag. The wily old stoned bastards.

4 Likes

You may have a point, I popped into Crash Records in Leeds when I was down there earlier and they had a “limited to 100 copies in UK” vinyl version of it (already!) with different artwork for, wait for it, £49.99!!! The regular vinyl release is out in May which will be “a more reasonable price”!

Album kicks arse though!