Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2018

Haven’t seen the latest Pallbearer track posted in here (apologies if it was):

Hate to be the “I prefer their old stuff” guy but I, uhh… do.

Nah I did like it! But I meant just that - prefer their older stuff. Sorrow and Extinction is my fave.

1 Like

Saw converge, crowbar and thou on wed night in Manchester. Converge were immense. Crowbar were great too. Wasn’t overly keen on thou tbh

I was there!

1 Like

Boom! Surprise new Thou album:

Haven’t heard it yet. But what better way to spend a lovely Spring morning?

They supposedly have another 4 releases lined up for this year, including an acoustic album. I assume someone is fucking with me on that last part.

1 Like

By contrast, Thou almost stole the show for me, love a bit of rumbling discordant doom.

Thought they were good at what they do and the riffs were really good but something didn’t quite click with me. A lot of people like them so maybe its just me!

I think its the vocals I cant get into. I’ve got a similar thing with The Body - there’s a lot about there music I like but vocals don’t do anything for me.

1 Like

This is excellent!

:heart: :heart: :heart: The “tortured fraggle” vocals from The Body :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve always described Chip as sounding like a permanently startled rooster but tortured fraggle is pretty on the money.

2 Likes

this album is utterly ridiculous in the best possible way :grin:

2 Likes

Listening to this album (and band) for the first time now. Seems like it might be some crazy, chaotic genius. Thanks.

1 Like

just started this, sounds pretty Cutting Pink With Knives so far

I love Genghis Tron so this makes me want to hear it

2 Likes

I am digging this so hard. Got a complete body tingle when that first heavy riff kicked in! Every subsequent riff did the same. I was buzzing by the end of the track. Listened to it about 10 times in a row.

Never heard of them before this and will now be buying everything they’ve done. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Very welcome! As I said above check out the main guy’s other band Self Defense Family too if you don’t know them already :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Their last album is such a good hardcore record

1 Like

I’m so annoyed that when Genghis Tron went on hiatus they said they would be back and now the hiatus has lasted longer than most bands that say they’re never getting back together.

Pals have dropped new ragers

1 Like