Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2018

2 Likes

Gonna listen to this on the way homeā€¦canā€™t wait!

lol

2 Likes

Anyone here like Amenra? Just discovered them and canā€™t stop listening.

3 Likes

I was introduced to Amenra because of this thread, great band.
Thereā€™s a great live video not far up the thread that you should definitely watch

3 Likes

Big fan. As disconottechno says have a look up thread but definitely give this a watch if you can;

Donā€™t normally go for those sort of vocals but Iā€™ve been listening to the the past to days in awe.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been a bit of a gateway for me, before I heard them I wasnā€™t really into that style of vocals but since then all Iā€™ve really listened to is Thou, Amenra, Agalloch, Harakiri For The Sky etc.

3 Likes

The Armed (Kurt Ballouā€™s secret/not secret band_) doing a tour next year

3 Likes

If you (and @beastie) havenā€™t already you should listen to Cult of Luna if youā€™re enjoying Amenra.

2 Likes

Iā€™m as good as there

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been listening to the album constantly canā€™t wait to see them live

iā€™m probably going to be in Moscow with work the day of that show - honestly couldnā€™t be more gutted - top 3 album this year for me

Made me realise how ridiculous some of this stuff is actually. That Dillinger Escape Plan song is nuts but I felt that was kind of the point, I was almost hurt by them laughing at it. Then Cannibal Corpse and the voice just sounds ridiculous and I could feel myself reacting in the same way.

Brojob - wtf!

forgot to actually listen to them after deciding they were annoying based on that vice article

doing so now and itā€™s good so far, very immediate

it is like a nice throwback to the An Albatross type of music brought into the new decade

1 Like

I like them, didnā€™t realise Ballou was involved until this post. :open_mouth:

theres a Vice article which makes them see a bit silly but Ballou admits its his band, unsure if he plays live with them