Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2018

Oof, this is a bit good.

3 Likes

Listening to this now. Thereā€™s something very off about the attempts at atmospheric bits, they just come across like bad synth pop. The heavy bits, like in Balancing the Dark, are quite good.

'68 and The Bronx are supporting Stone Sour in the US which I find amusing

Havenā€™t had a chance to listen yetā€¦ read the article, posted itā€¦ then got distracted at work

I quite enjoyed the blend of poppier-synth stuff but then as I said earlier this is the first RT record Iā€™ve bothered with in a decade so dunno what Iā€™ve missed

check out the last one, itā€™s their best for me Clive

2 Likes

maybe, probably not.

ah which ones do I prefer?

Huh? I was referring to my actually listening to it

oh i thought you were replying to me saying itā€™s the best one for me ha

1 Like

that would be very presumptuous/rude but I guess not past me

1 Like

They did a split with Healing Powers who IMHO are one of the UKā€™s absolute best right now

2 Likes

agreed although what are Healing Powers up to at the moment?

Not sure. They put out a live album late last year (on their bandcamp) so are active, but appear to take their sweet time in doing stuff. Iā€™m fingers crossed for a full length and tour. Think someone on these boards knows the band who might see this (hi!) and elaborate

well Iā€™ve toured with them before and know them, Iā€™m just not in the country so canā€™t always keep up to date! @sarahispi I believe also has a connection?

@RatKingCole theyā€™ve said they arenā€™t officially over but itā€™s unlikely theyā€™re going to be super active or write in the future. the guitarist in a few other bands that are worth checking out.

(PB are all the members of Healing Powers, but bassist and guitarist have swapped over and the drummer from Cavalcades doing vox)

Ah thatā€™s a bummer- hoped for a full length release. Thanks for the other links though, will check out

Iā€™m really not a fan of intros. Would much prefer if the first track was condensed into being a minute long and added to the start of Aftermath.

Not sure about Aftermath being so early either, but after that Iā€™m quite happy with the rest of the album!