Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

Chelsea Wolfe and Chino from the Deftones.

I like.

6 Likes

Enjoying these psychedelic stoner doom guys

2 Likes

Not seen these mentioned elsewhere (maybe because they are industrial/noise???) but having seen them live recently and rinsing their 2018 EP they deserve a wider audience - Igor Cavalera is on fire here

4 Likes

new VAURA up for preorder at profound lore

SUMAC london date tomorrow! \o/ anyone been on the tour so far? @keith

Yes!

They played the whole of the new album and it was dead good. The bass on the last song sounded awesome.

It started really early so I missed the first support but I didn’t really enjoy the second one.

I saw Sumac in Manchester last night. Was excellent. They played 3 tracks off the new one - unfortunately there were technical problems with Aaron Turners gear so they had to skip the last track but even that considering they played an hour and it was excellent. New album sounds great live.
Baptists were good in support with Nick playin ghis first of 2 sets but Endon on first were insane! Worth getting there early for.

2 Likes

Missed the new Body Void release on Friday. Two utterly filthy and desolate doom/sludge epics. They keep getting better.

off to see Sumac tonight in London - don’t really know their stuff well but fancied going to something heavy, looking forward to a few 20minute face tearers.

3 Likes

oh wait i’ve just scrolled up to see that @ericVI is also going! hit me up if you fancy a pint/burrito beforehand mate

1 Like

Caught Endon’s set in Bristol on Saturday- well worth getting there early for. Nice guys too!

Sumac were truely face melting.

1 Like

yeah dude, a few of us will be around if you fancy joining. will let you know where we’ll be at later on!

1 Like

Yeah nice guys. What was that instrument that the “bassist?” was using?? Looks pretty homemade but made a right racket…

I tapped out of this, and regret it.

Sumac were great. Really intense and involving avant-metal (to use a terrible phrase) Missed Endon unfortunately but really enjoyed Baptists (although it wasn’t loud enough) Seeing Nick Y pound his way through 2 sets was awesome.

1 Like

New Venom Prison sounds way more metal than their debut

1 Like

Sumac were awesome last night. Exactly what I’d hoped for.

Baptists were musically very competent but the vocalists was awful. Ruined the band.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the last LoG album. Still Echoes, 512, Embers and Overlord are all great (When the heavy bit kicks in in Overlord :ok_hand:), and otherwise pretty solid.

Have you listened to much else of their earlier stuff? Laid to Rest, Now You’ve Got Something To Die For, Ruin, Vigil, Walk With Me In Hell and Redneck are all permanent fixtures on my day-to-day playlist

1 Like

I’d completely forgotten about Lamb of God :open_mouth:
Say them supporting Slayer recently and they were great, love Sturm but the albums before that are too Pantera for me.

1 Like

Sorry I dont understand these words :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never really liked them, but i did enjoy the documentary about the singer and his arrest for manslaughter. It was crazy. Really warmed to them as people (still think they are pretty average musically though).

I’d recommend a watch - it’s on amazon prime if you have that.