Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

Yes you do!

Discovered this 2015 monster via Riot Act podcast. First I’d heard of them and they’ve split up already. Kinda scratches my Mars Volta itch, but with more metallic nails.

I remember seeing them at the Black Heart! Was pretty loud.I think the guitarist had a new band now: https://www.facebook.com/EarthYearsBand/ - Haven’t heard them, so not sure if they’re similar!

Remfry Dedman on Riot Act regretted not being at that very gig!

Thanks - I’ll check them out too.

New Moon Tooth. They’re kinda cheesy but loads of fun and their songs usually switch around in exciting ways. First album’s got some crackers on it.

:smiley: This album is fantastic, not heard anything like it. An absolute rush of conflicting styles, noise, speed and chaos.

Yep, I’d agree with every word there.

For me, the Volta similarities are definitely good things.

Quite envious of @Jurgen_Chipz having his ears blown by Wild Throne at the Black Heart as they’re no more!

Yeah this is ace! They also clearly completely passed me by in 2015. I can definitely see the Volta similarities,

Can’t wait for this.

Listened to Gojira for the first time this week - their most recent album, Magma. (Loved Conjurer’s album and have heard them mention Gojira often in interviews.) Really impressed with Magma, but where next?

Go back to the start I’d say. They’re yet to release a duff album IMHO.

Need to listen to more by them, but From Mars To Sirius and L’Enfant Sauvage are cracking.

Flying Whales and the track L’Enfant Sauvage are awesome, and this time of year I love zoning out to Born In Winter.

That’s aces. I’ll go digging. Great to have lots to discover after enjoying Magma.

I wouldn’t have Magma up in my top 3 tbh. Which means you’re either in for an absolute treat or you’ll be slightly disappointed the rest of it doesn’t sound quite like that.

Thanks! Just listened to L’Enfant Sauvage (song) and Flying Whales and both are excellent.

Feels like I’m in for a treat! :grin: As much as I’m enjoying it, Magma was probably not as crushing and as heavy as I was expecting. (I’m not hearing much Magma-Gojira in the Conjurer album despite being a key influence.) I get the impression that things will get heavier, the deeper I dig into Gojira.

This cracking album turned up this morning and first listens suggest the positive reviews were on the money. Some expansive, atmospheric and thrilling hardcore.

This is great stuff.

well, this is weird - progressive metal festival in an old strip club in Guildford anyone?!

might wait and see what day AAL are playing and just get a day ticket but I’ll definitely be going

https://www.facebook.com/events/2592732544100682/?ti=icl